CAN A NOKTA ANFIBIO HIT A 14 INCH SILVER DIME??? - Page 5
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: CAN A NOKTA ANFIBIO HIT A 14 INCH SILVER DIME???

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    23917 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Iffy Signals View Post
    Had the Max when it first came out. Really wanted to like it. Made a couple videos hunting with it on YT.. Sold it within a month. One reason Crackling audio hurt my brain. I hunt woods and old fields.. IMO minor league player to the Nox and majority if new players in the 2018 game. Also had many detectors during 2017-2018. Majority of my ch videos at first were comparison videos.
    Sold mine same reason made me miss my ATP.
    calabash digger likes this.

us
    Sep 2018
    SE NC & FL
    Garrett AT PRO
    102 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Now I feel bad I have the AT Pro...…

us
    Apr 2011
    Wisconsin
    Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, DetectorPro Headhunter & BlissTool
    965 times
    Metal Detecting
    While I agree there are better detectors out than the AT series, I still would not brush them off. My AT Pro has found enough coins and relics that I could open my own museum. Everything from Roman, medieval, Napoleon, Civil War, WWI, WWII and obviously newer as well. Yes the iron audio is a huge nuisance......to me anyway. I never use that function. But I doubt I will ever get rid of my AT Pro. It was definitely an excellent purchase and adds nicely to my small arsenal of detectors.

The Anfibio does look promising to own as well. I am not brand loyal as long as the detector finds me the goods. I may have to give it a serious look.
    Truth and calabash digger like this.

us
    Feb 2009
    Northern Colorado
    Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!
    164 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by calabash digger View Post
    ...As for the Nox question I will get back to you after I get some hours in on the Anfibio.
    Okay fair enough. Thanks!

For my $1000 budget it's down to the Anfibio or Nox. The ch-ch-ch-chatter of the Anfibio is kind of off putting for me at least. Still, I would live with it if it were the best at target ID, seperation, and depth. That's what finds stuff IMO. Sure would be nice (hint hint) to see a target ID / separation /depth side by side between the two.

Can you tell me one thing though? Did you test the Nox on that dime? Thanks again!

us
    metal detector owner

Feb 2017
    Virginia
    Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Pro Pointer II and I
    962 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Every body Loves Ya!
    You had me until I realized you are comparing a $600 machine to a $900 machine. It better be a lot better for the money ! Still trying to get used to my Deus, not sure I ever will. The PRO is a good beginner and I still like it. Let me borrow a dollar?
    Last edited by JccEldreth; Nov 30, 2018 at 02:12 PM.
    calabash digger and Toecutter like this.

us
    Sep 2013
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon & Compadre
    1298 times
    Every "test" is different.... different soil/location could mean different outcome. For example, we can go to Culpeper, VA. Just a short drive from my home and compare the anfibio, deus, etc. On that dime against a similarly price Whites TDI and they won't stand a chance. We can then go to the obx and compare...the TDI does well there but will need a bag on the box, the equinox is probably your best choice there. I also, never had luck getting great depth from etrac or explorer on planted test targets. Even after 2 years in the ground ....I could get at least 25 percent more depth on real world targets. The cz3d I owned was a DEEP machine, but plain out pathetic in a air test. These videos make people second guess their machine that they are doing fine with.
    calabash digger and IowaRelic like this.
    Direct descendant of:
    Ezekiel Lamb 13th VA Inf. Co F, CSA
    Robert Wyant 33rd VA Inf. Co F, CSA
    Thornton Dean 10th VA Inf. Co I, CSA

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    XP DEUS,EQUINOX 800, ANFIBIO MULTI, EXCALIBUR
    7618 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by JccEldreth View Post
    Every body Loves Ya!
    You had me until I realized you are comparing a $600 machine to a $900 machine. It better be a lot better for the money ! Still trying to get used to my Deus, not sure I ever will. The PRO is a good beginner and I still like it. Let me borrow a dollar?
    Where can you buy a AT MAX for 600 bucks? They list for 799.00 dont they?

Jas 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    7618 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerinVA View Post
    Every "test" is different.... different soil/location could mean different outcome. For example, we can go to Culpeper, VA. Just a short drive from my home and compare the anfibio, deus, etc. On that dime against a similarly price Whites TDI and they won't stand a chance. We can then go to the obx and compare...the TDI does well there but will need a bag on the box, the equinox is probably your best choice there. I also, never had luck getting great depth from etrac or explorer on planted test targets. Even after 2 years in the ground ....I could get at least 25 percent more depth on real world targets. The cz3d I owned was a DEEP machine, but plain out pathetic in a air test. These videos make people second guess their machine that they are doing fine with.
    OR!!! Makes them get out in THEIR soil and test them to see whats really up.... I like the way everyone uses Culpepper as the measuring stick.... If you are going there or live there and are thinking about buying a detector..... BUY A PI MACHINE... BTW picking some of the worst dirt in the country aint no true picture for most people either..

us
    metal detector owner

Feb 2017
    Virginia
    Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Pro Pointer II and I
    962 times
    Quote Originally Posted by calabash digger View Post
    Where can you buy a AT MAX for 600 bucks? They list for 799.00 dont they?
    Maybe, I haven't shopped for one. I thought they were cheaper. Got my Pro used for cheap. Sorry.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3945 times
    Metal Detecting
    It actually seems like the people that are not happy with what they find are the ones taking these vids way too personal. I'm confident in every machine I use on a regular basis. These new units are getting more and more impressive just like every other electronics piece being made. Hard to beat technology.

gb
    I'm the best eva, the most vicious brutal champion eva.

Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    Equinox 800. Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
    439 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    I have the equinox 800 great machine it does not hit as deep and solid as the Max
    Are you drinking?

I sold AT Pro & Max the second I tried my Equinox 800.

AT Max = Prius

Minelab Equinox 800 = Mclaren F1.

Matt

us
    Jan 2015
    Upstate NY
    Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
    759 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Wow is this the Same Staffydog that once had the Makro Racer 2 as his avatar and now shows it as a problem detector? Is this the same Staffydog that had numerous videos of the Racer 2 running quiet on English sands? Maybe you'd like to talk about your time with the AT Max?

Charter Member
    us
    Only boaring people get board

Nov 2018
    The Thumb
    3140 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    iv owned the whites ID5 and the AT pro the pro is way better lmao!! i do this for a hobby so i have to ask my self will i have more fun if i spend 900$ verses the 400$ i paid for the ATpro, my answer is nope lol

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    7618 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I do it for a hobby too, but that hobby is finding stuff....running around swinging a detector in and of itself is not that fun to me... FINDING THE GOODS IS!
    Toecutter and Truth like this.

Dec 2018
    Hi CB just wanted to say Thankyou for all your videos I appreciate ur testing and it's fun to watch how they all perform. Thanks again man Jag

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links