Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree305Likes

Thread: AT Gold vs Equinox 800

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2015
    359 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by calabash digger View Post
    Equinox AT GOLD AND DEUS on colonial gold piece I found.
    Thank you for the video. This cleared up everything i have been wondering about for the last month. I have had a lot of luck with the gold but i believe its time to upgrade. Thanks again. And thank you everyone else that contributed to this thread. I read and researched all that was discussed.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    XP DEUS,EQUINOX 800, ANFIBIO MULTI
    6965 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I dont work for minelab or deus and have no need to steer you wrong. What I said is the truth..... good luck.

Jas 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    773 times
    Really the best thing to do is not takes somebody's word for it. Don't put too much faith in those comparison videos because you don't know if the guy is swinging it properly in the video. I saw one of his think it was the AT Pro and I said he wasn't swinging it properly. Try both and see which one suits you best. I haven't used the Minelab but I would expect that being newer it ought to be better. I've heard some people complain they take a while to learn. But same with the AT Gold All Metal. Most people are afraid of the AM. If you don't learn it you are losing out. Clive Clynick has books. His Gold Jewelry one is pretty good. Clive said most of his best finds were made in All Metal going behind where others had been in Discriminate mode.
    Last edited by signal_line; Jan 31, 2019 at 10:08 PM.
    calabash digger likes this.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Mar 2015
    359 times
    Quote Originally Posted by signal_line View Post
    Really the best thing to do is not takes somebody's word for it. Don't put too much faith in those comparison videos because you don't know if the guy is swinging it properly in the video. I saw one of his think it was the AT Pro and I said he wasn't swinging it properly. Try both and see which one suits you best. I haven't used the Minelab but I would expect that being newer it ought to be better. I've heard some people complain they take a while to learn. But same with the AT Gold All Metal. Most people are afraid of the AM. If you don't learn it you are losing out. Clive Clynick has books. His Gold Jewelry one is pretty good. Clive said most of his best finds were made in All Metal going behind where others had been in Discriminate mode.
    Oh I've done that. I have a pretty good handle on the gold. Its the choppy iron that messes me up. I dig any solid signal and most choppy ones haha

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    6965 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I dont put much faith in comparision videos either BUT when I look at someone and they consistently find the goods and are hunting the types of sites I want to hunt. Then I might take notice.....as for what machines are capable or better in iron well I think I am qualified to speak on that issue as that's where I hunt and have been very successful doing so. I have pulled some world class finds from it.

I think most go with the majority opinion and never really test detectors for themselves and that is ok but sometimes you can get steered in the wrong direction. People say the AT series is good in iron and I say compared to what ? A ace 250 IMO the AT series is the most hyped and OVERRATED detector on the market when it come to its performance.
    Iffy Signals and Beavertail like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    6965 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    SWINGING IT PROPERLY.. that's almost comical....

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    773 times
    Yeah, nice sharp, quick sweeps, not wandering around slowly. It's best to make a bit wider swing to take in some of the ground on each side of the target if you can. When you just hover over the target it does not work as well--unless you are in pinpoint mode. Pretty sneaky though. LOL

I didn't bother to view this one because of what i saw before on the AT Pro, didn't feel like getting upset over it. LOL The AT Gold is nice for the price, and easy enough to use. And I think it's better than the comparable Minelabs what is it X-Terra or something. Single frequency hits a lot of tiny targets and some coin hunters would not like that. A bit noisy so it helps if you know how to use the controls.
    Last edited by signal_line; Feb 01, 2019 at 09:18 PM.
    calabash digger and A2coins like this.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

us
    It is what it is, until it "Is" what it is.

Aug 2013
    Northern Utah
    I currently run White's Spectra V3i wireless, Fisher F-70, Garrett AT-Pro, Minelab Etrac. I have owned other Fisher, Teknetics & Garrett models. Hands on with Equinox 800, Garrett AT-Max, & New Chase
    160 times
    Metal Detecting
    Sushi, I believe my comments may have been taken out of text. I'm not claiming one over the other and I'm not referencing brands. In the end its impossible to compare items with over a ten year gap in design and technologies. You can compare them in their most relative comparisons and that is what I was referencing. I will make a reference outside our sport/hobby. A 1965 muscle car has more "in common" than not in common with a 2019 updated version. But in the end the newer design takes advantage of the refined design newer electronics and computer science to help it meet its mark. It was the initial design however and the rival designs of the competition that made the first design relative in the first place.
    Opie

us
    It is what it is, until it "Is" what it is.

Aug 2013
    Northern Utah
    I currently run White's Spectra V3i wireless, Fisher F-70, Garrett AT-Pro, Minelab Etrac. I have owned other Fisher, Teknetics & Garrett models. Hands on with Equinox 800, Garrett AT-Max, & New Chase
    160 times
    Metal Detecting
    Lol,,,,ok I get it. No I was not saying the AT Pro was the same as the 800 Eq I was saying the difference in the AT Gold and AT Pro in comparison to the 800 & 600 Eq is the same "Huge" gap in technology! As I was stating you can compare the science of detecting but not the technology. And the AT Pro is not the most over-rated detector it is the most over "saturated" detector. Huge difference there too! Garrett made sure that thing has been everywhere, I'm surprised it wasn't featured on a Game of Thrones episode somehow, its on every other show or cable channel out there. But hate it or not its still a good detector. I do still stand by my original statement that while its a blessing the 800 & 600 are water proof, the shaft/handle does feel flimsy fully submerged. (I would use caution fully submerged)
    Good Luck!
    Stay Gold!
    Opie
    calabash digger and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    6965 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Yeah, nice sharp, quick sweeps, not wandering around slowly. It's best to make a bit wider swing to take in some of the ground on each side of the target if you can. When you just hover over the target it does not work as well--unless you are in pinpoint mode. Pretty sneaky though. LOL

I didn't bother to view this one because of what i saw before on the AT Pro, didn't feel like getting upset over it. LOL The AT Gold is nice for the price, and easy enough to use. And I think it's better than the comparable Minelabs what is it X-Terra or something. Single frequency hits a lot of tiny targets and some coin hunters would not like that. A bit noisy so it helps if you know how to use the controls.
    Yeah trying to deceive people when the swing on the AT GOLD... comical..... BTW I got a NEW video coming up PLEASE watch it and comment...thanks ahead of time.
    Beavertail likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    6965 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

This video is one you should check out and comment on . I hope the swing meets your standards.

Charter Member
    us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800.
    2917 times
    The last video is again, another eye opener. A fella at the detecting club asked me about buying my AT Pro, I did not want to sell it, (I still have every detector I've ever bought) instead I loaned it to him to work with for a month or so with both coils, but I did tell him, for around the same price point, to really look into the EQ 600, way more machine in every way. I'll see him in about two weeks, and will hear his thoughts. Again, I will recommend the EQ, as it will cover any type of hunting he might do. Whatever he decides is his choice, I'm just stating what I believe is fact. I still like my Safari, or did, because I have not used it since buying the 800 last year. Another good and fair video calabash, as always.
    calabash digger and RustyGold like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2018
    TN
    Equinox 800 (Main), Equinox 600(water machine), Anfibio Multi, F75+, T2SE, (Old Faithful) (Co Main), BHLRP, ACE 200
    41 times
    Sell the garrett, they are garbage once you use a good machine OP.
    Last edited by TheEquinoxHunter; Feb 04, 2019 at 08:34 AM.

Mar 2015
    359 times
    Alright everyone thanks for the advice. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Equinox 800. Cant wait to get this machine into the wild. Thanks again

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    23926 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Calabash you even say you are sponsored by companies to promote machines people are very gullable people who still dont know how to get out of park mode and say how much better there machine is when many dont even know how to use it lol The funny part is it will take a year to 2 yesrs to learn to operate I have threshold notch out iron discrim can change frequencies there are so many festures and easy to use the 800 is great too but if you dont learn how to use it most machines will be moe funtional in alot of scenerios like a caddilac if you dont know how to shift or use the pwer windows ot the a/c a pinto would be a better car in most cases lol
    Last edited by A2coins; Feb 04, 2019 at 06:22 PM.
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links