AT Gold vs Equinox 800 - Page 8
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree306Likes

Thread: AT Gold vs Equinox 800

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    XP DEUS,EQUINOX 800, ANFIBIO MULTI, EXCALIBUR
    7620 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    If the V3 I menu system is anything like the DFX ( and I heard it was worse)it would have to almost dig the holes for you to be any better than the Equinox...I know a guy here who was a LOYAL V3 I user for years......guess what he swings know ….Yep you guessed it...NOX!
    Truth and RustyGold like this.

Jas 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    23920 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Iffy Signals View Post
    Stands alone is right. AT Max was the worst purchase i have made in Metal detecting. Was pissed at myself for selling the pro to get it. Tones are god aweful, called garrett because i really thought i had a bad one. Crackly audio thought my speaker was busted. Its just my opinion but come on people the stuff out there you can get now for the price of the Max is unreal with many more on the way. Multi Freq, recovery speed, iron volume. All very important features you need. Unless you dont idk..
    I was right there with you. Sold mine in a record breaking 2 months. Wanted my ATP back so bad. The new handle grip wasn’t worth it. Lol

us
    It is what it is, until it "Is" what it is.

Aug 2013
    169 times
    Professor, I use the V3i, I haven't been able to do a head to head comparison, I usually don't and just go by ground results from test elements. The V3i is the machine you want if you are into tweaking or special programming, there is almost no limit to what that machine can be set up for in the way of a custom setting. And this is a literal custom setting and not an increase in adjustments or frequency change. You can change the number of frequencies 3-1 (The limit here is the 2.5 7.5 and 22 kHz frequencies) You can customize everything, swing speed, recovery speed, discriminators you name it, Crazy thing can probably be programmed to make my morning coffee,,,lol The down side to this machine is you really, really, really need some time using it before custom programming. However its open standard settings available are not too bad to just punch up "Relic" or "Deep Silver" and go for it.
    This is a good example of detectors not being comparable evenly. You take the Equinox either machine and any other multi frequency newer unit and there is a limitation to how much juice is being sent/received/processed on each frequency. Minelab has made a huge leap in the processing of the Equinox compared to the Etrac, but then the Equinox is running only 3 frequencies compared to the super multi 1.5 to 100 kHz frequencies the Etrac uses. This is why the Etrac is so slow. But there are reasons why you want the Etrac over the Equinox in certain situations.
    More to come.
    Stay Gold!
    Opie

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    6808 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    ...You take the Equinox either machine and any other multi frequency newer unit and there is a limitation to how much juice is being sent/received/processed on each frequency. Minelab has made a huge leap in the processing of the Equinox compared to the Etrac, but then the Equinox is running only 3 frequencies compared to the super multi 1.5 to 100 kHz frequencies the Etrac uses. This is why the Etrac is so slow. But there are reasons why you want the Etrac over the Equinox in certain situations.
    More to come.
    Stay Gold!
    Opie
    Actually, just to clear up some info for accuracy, ML combines 2 discrete frequencies of 5 across the spectrum of 5 to 40 khz for Multi IQ on Equinox (whichn2 frequencies are selected is mode dependent). Similarly, FBS combines 2 of 25 discrete frequencies across 1.5 to 100 khz but scans across the spectrum which limits its recovery speed. Equinox also has 5 individual frequencies to choose from for single frequency ops, flexibility FBS lacks. FBS/FBS2 is probably ultimately deeper on high conductors under ideal conditions and can produce highly accurate target IDs. Equinox excels at recovery speed and target separation in trash situations, handles mineralization well, and is superior to FBS in ferreting out small mid-conductors.

ML says this about the optimal number of frequencies that should be combibed and about FBS vs. Multi IQ:

“How many simultaneous frequencies?” you may ask, wondering if this is a critical parameter. Minelab has been carrying out detailed investigations into this in recent years. Just as you can color in a map with many colors, the minimum number to differentiate between adjacent countries is only 4 – a tough problem for mathematicians to prove, over many years. Similar to the map problem, it’s perhaps not the maximum number of frequencies needed to achieve an optimum result, but the minimum number that is more interesting. When it comes to frequencies in a detector, to cover all target types, how the frequencies are combined AND processed is now more important, with the latest detectors, than how many frequencies, for achieving even better results."

"How does Multi-IQ compare to BBS/FBS?

Multi-IQ uses a different group of fundamental frequencies than BBS/FBS to generate a wide-band multi-frequency transmission signal that is more sensitive to high frequency targets and slightly less sensitive to low frequency targets. Multi-IQ uses the latest high-speed processors and advanced digital filtering techniques for a much faster recovery speed than BBS/FBS technologies. Multi-IQ copes with saltwater and beach conditions almost as well as BBS/FBS, however BBS/FBS still have an advantage for finding high conductive silver coins in all conditions."
    Last edited by vferrari; Feb 25, 2019 at 07:28 PM.
    Opie likes this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Sponsored Links