Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree305Likes

Thread: AT Gold vs Equinox 800

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2015
    359 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

AT Gold vs Equinox 800

So I have been using the AT gold for almost a year. The machine has been great. I recently put the bigger CORS Strike coil on it. Haven't really got the chance to use it yet because of the weather and conditions. My question here is how would the two detectors compare head to head? I like that the 800 can completely get rid of all audio you want. The gold beeps constantly and i feel like if theres nails near a potential target the gold will miss that. If anyone has used or knows both these machines i would love to hear your feedback. Thanks.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3653 times
    Metal Detecting
    Im pretty sure Calabash did some playing around with the two in an earlier video.

us
    It is what it is, until it "Is" what it is.

Aug 2013
    Northern Utah
    I currently run White's Spectra V3i wireless, Fisher F-70, Garrett AT-Pro, Minelab Etrac. I have owned other Fisher, Teknetics & Garrett models. Hands on with Equinox 800, Garrett AT-Max, & New Chase
    160 times
    Metal Detecting
    sushi, the AT-Gold is set up more for just that "Gold" great machine, love mine, now that's not saying the two can't compete against each other. keep the 800 EQ in its gold/prospecting modes and they are both very similar in capabilities. So far on what I've noticed the 800 EQ is probably the faster machine both processing and in recovery speed, but your not out much and certainly not out enough to say one is leaps and bounds above the other. To also say one is deeper or finds targets better is for me so far a matter of how the machine is adjusted or set up. Now I prefer the lay out of the 800 both in the screen/head unit and the hand grip/shaft but when you compare the two in the water there is a feeling of pulling or bending because of the pistol grip. The AT Gold is more stream line with its grip directly on the bent part of the shaft so it swings a bit better to me while in the water.
    Good luck!
    Stay Gold!
    Opie

us
    It is what it is, until it "Is" what it is.

Aug 2013
    Northern Utah
    I currently run White's Spectra V3i wireless, Fisher F-70, Garrett AT-Pro, Minelab Etrac. I have owned other Fisher, Teknetics & Garrett models. Hands on with Equinox 800, Garrett AT-Max, & New Chase
    160 times
    Metal Detecting
    I should probably add, I've done more comparing of the two between the AT-Pro and 800 EQ and it is essentially the same thing. Newer head unit face/screen a more ergonomically friendly grip and shaft design however this should be expected in a machine that is almost 10 years newer. both machines go back and fourth on targeting issues. The 800 can be set up for more situations due to the capability in setting frequencies used, but again I reiterate, the difference in the age of the machines the 800 better be different some how. Not bashing either machine both are very capable.
    Good luck!
    Stay Gold!
    Opie

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Tejon
    19205 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    I'm with Opie in that they are very similar in capabilities. The Equinox was designed to compete with the AT series. I have noticed two things about the 800, it is deep in salt water and second, in an iron pit it really struggles with the stock coil. I would be shy against getting rid of excess audio. I tell folks to dig all the iffy stuff, lots of good stuff gets missed this way.

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    11006 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I really believe that the nox is deeper, had a AT GOLD for three years, found a lot with it too but I like my 600 much more than it. sold the Gold to get the Nox and am very glad that I did. for me it was a for sure step up in performance for what I do.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    XP DEUS,EQUINOX 800, ANFIBIO MULTI
    6936 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    The AT SERIES is not even close dont know what kind of testing yhall been doing.

Jas 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    6936 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    QUOTE (I should probably add, I've done more comparing of the two between the AT-Pro and 800 EQ and it is essentially the same thing. ) Really??
    devldog and Beavertail like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    6936 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    The Anfibio and Equinox are similar in performance. Here is a video comparing the Anfibio to the AT GOLD with same size coil. The Equinox will do the same thing to the AT gold. Did not have a small coil to test Equinox against the AT gold at the time but have videos showing the Equinox unmasking better than the AT gold wearing a 5x8 and it wearing the stock 11 inch coil. Like I said above dont know what kind of testing you guys been doing but the AT series is not even close to the Equinox or Anfibio,

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    28970 times
    Quote Originally Posted by calabash digger View Post
    QUOTE (I should probably add, I've done more comparing of the two between the AT-Pro and 800 EQ and it is essentially the same thing. ) Really??
    I agree with Calabash, if your saying the AT Pro and the Equinox 800 are essentially the same they are not the same thing.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    6936 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I think that is what he said or at least I took it that way. HERES a video of the two...

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2016
    6936 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Equinox AT GOLD AND DEUS on colonial gold piece I found.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Tejon
    19205 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    No, Calabash and Treasure Hunter are correct, they are not the same machines. With that said you can turn any machine into a battery on a stick and miss stuff and mitigate the machine's capabilities if you don't read the instructions and immediately go out and mess with presets when you haven't gotten to know the machine. Take it easy, learn your machine OR an AT Gold could possibly wipe up the ground with you. Of course, the targets have to be there to begin with.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600 720i Stealth Scoop
    6268 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Although I’m sure the AT Gold is quite capable, comparing it on the same level as the Equinox, is like saying a businessman’s coupe is the same as a Cadillac.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3653 times
    Metal Detecting
    Amusing thread none the less.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links