Minelab Go Find

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since the 40,44,60,& 66 all use the same size coil I suspect they will all air test with similar depths on the coins & ring you used. Coil size normally has a direct correlation to the depth it can achieve as well as the size of the target you are detecting.

OP
OP
J

John Navarre

Greenie
Apr 7, 2013
Navarre, FL
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Kinda thought the same but when you read into the ads Minelab implies that the 60 has more depth than the 40 and even has an extra sensitivity setting than the 40. In other ads I see them mentioning the 44 and 66 have better depth and other things. Just wondering if that is really the case? I like the 40 and seems to work well on the salt water beach while able to fit in a beach bag and wondering if I should upgrade?

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's just not a legit test in the air. Sure, its great to see if the one detector you are "testing" baselines in a certian range.

I know if I wave a clad dime in front of my F75 and it doesn't report a good, faint high tone at 10" then there is something wrong. For me to say an E-trac, for instance is not as deep on deep coins because it only get 9" in the air on the same coin is just not real data.

In many cases, a model that air tests horribly can go ultra deep in the wild. Bury those coins and then do the test. I've always wondered about those little go finds. Probably nice turn on and go machines!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda thought the same but when you read into the ads Minelab implies that the 60 has more depth than the 40 and even has an extra sensitivity setting than the 40. In other ads I see them mentioning the 44 and 66 have better depth and other things. Just wondering if that is really the case? I like the 40 and seems to work well on the salt water beach while able to fit in a beach bag and wondering if I should upgrade?

Does it actually detect well in wet salt sand or just on dry sand? I have tested them on land only. The Go Finds actually confound me that they are able to do rudimentary discrimination with what is essentially a monocoil. Strange. They are not very rugged in my experience as dirt easily jams the collapsable stem and the plastic locking mechanism can break if you force it. I think the 44, 66 series upgraded this aspect. But they are a great low profile grab and go machine if you need to get a detecting fix in without drawing a lot of attention while keeping your expectations realistic.

As far as seeking a significant performance improvement, HighVDI is right that you will have to hack it with a new coil or upgrade to a different detector as the Go Find series will have similar depth performance. And agree air tests are basically best for go-no go op checks and TID determination. HTH.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

If you enjoy what you have and are digging treasure, why change? There are better salt water beach machines on the market.

OP
OP
J

John Navarre

Greenie
Apr 7, 2013
Navarre, FL
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It works very well in wet sand/salt water. I live 1 mile from Navarre Beach FL and have detected with it with the coil immersed under a few inches of salt water. Works just fine with no errors. Threw some coins under it while in salt water and picks them up easily. Again, a little shocked it worked so well based on every one else's input that it shouldn't work at all in salt water but does just fine. Saw a Youtube video with Gary Drayton doing a test in saltwater with same results.

OP
OP
J

John Navarre

Greenie
Apr 7, 2013
Navarre, FL
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just wondering about an upgrade. What i mainly wonder is if the new machines actually detect coins deeper than 8 inches?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions