Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Loco-Digger
  • 1 Post By John Navarre

Thread: Minelab Go Find

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2013
    Navarre, FL
    1 times
    Shipwrecks

Minelab Go Find

Here's an air depth test for the Go Find 40:

Can anyone post similar for the 60, 44 and 66 please?

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    16900 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Since the 40,44,60,& 66 all use the same size coil I suspect they will all air test with similar depths on the coins & ring you used. Coil size normally has a direct correlation to the depth it can achieve as well as the size of the target you are detecting.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

Apr 2013
    Navarre, FL
    1 times
    Shipwrecks
    Kinda thought the same but when you read into the ads Minelab implies that the 60 has more depth than the 40 and even has an extra sensitivity setting than the 40. In other ads I see them mentioning the 44 and 66 have better depth and other things. Just wondering if that is really the case? I like the 40 and seems to work well on the salt water beach while able to fit in a beach bag and wondering if I should upgrade?
    Loco-Digger likes this.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3698 times
    Metal Detecting
    It's just not a legit test in the air. Sure, its great to see if the one detector you are "testing" baselines in a certian range.

I know if I wave a clad dime in front of my F75 and it doesn't report a good, faint high tone at 10" then there is something wrong. For me to say an E-trac, for instance is not as deep on deep coins because it only get 9" in the air on the same coin is just not real data.

In many cases, a model that air tests horribly can go ultra deep in the wild. Bury those coins and then do the test. I've always wondered about those little go finds. Probably nice turn on and go machines!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    6077 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by John Navarre View Post
    Kinda thought the same but when you read into the ads Minelab implies that the 60 has more depth than the 40 and even has an extra sensitivity setting than the 40. In other ads I see them mentioning the 44 and 66 have better depth and other things. Just wondering if that is really the case? I like the 40 and seems to work well on the salt water beach while able to fit in a beach bag and wondering if I should upgrade?
    Does it actually detect well in wet salt sand or just on dry sand? I have tested them on land only. The Go Finds actually confound me that they are able to do rudimentary discrimination with what is essentially a monocoil. Strange. They are not very rugged in my experience as dirt easily jams the collapsable stem and the plastic locking mechanism can break if you force it. I think the 44, 66 series upgraded this aspect. But they are a great low profile grab and go machine if you need to get a detecting fix in without drawing a lot of attention while keeping your expectations realistic.

As far as seeking a significant performance improvement, HighVDI is right that you will have to hack it with a new coil or upgrade to a different detector as the Go Find series will have similar depth performance. And agree air tests are basically best for go-no go op checks and TID determination. HTH.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    16900 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Navarre View Post
    If you enjoy what you have and are digging treasure, why change? There are better salt water beach machines on the market.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

Apr 2013
    Navarre, FL
    1 times
    Shipwrecks
    It works very well in wet sand/salt water. I live 1 mile from Navarre Beach FL and have detected with it with the coil immersed under a few inches of salt water. Works just fine with no errors. Threw some coins under it while in salt water and picks them up easily. Again, a little shocked it worked so well based on every one else's input that it shouldn't work at all in salt water but does just fine. Saw a Youtube video with Gary Drayton doing a test in saltwater with same results.

Apr 2013
    Navarre, FL
    1 times
    Shipwrecks
    Just wondering about an upgrade. What i mainly wonder is if the new machines actually detect coins deeper than 8 inches?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links