Garrett Ace Apex VS Minelab Vanquish....

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Head to head shootout!!!

THANK YOU for your honesty! I got a Apex to test out and I had the same results. The hype is FALSE and my 250$ simplex whoops the apex so bad it’s not even funny. The apex is a decent BEGINNERS detector but for gods sake stop marketing it as a professional metal detector!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OUTSTANDING! Having used the Vanquish 540 for the last few months on the beach and on fields and woods, it is SUPERIOR as a entry level machine! Good for you CD!! :notworthy:
Shared the video on Go Treasure Hunting ,com

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Terry!

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy)
Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So glad I didn’t get an Apex. The simplex and vanquish combo is just perfect for me. Keep the videos coming CD. Always look forward to the no be tests.

Chuck M

Greenie
Dec 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, I recently purchased the minelab vanquish 540 pro pack and I am totally pleased with its performance. I just found 3 silver coins, two quarters and 1 dime all being about 9" deep. I would HIGHLY recommended this metal detector.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I agree with the “BS,over hyped claims”about the Apex doing what they say it can. Total garbage! I don’t even own one but it’s clear as day to see that the minelab crushes the Garrett’s mediocre machine. I don’t even like the sounds of the Apex. It’s an annoying tone compared to Minelabs more pleasant fluty tones.

SlateBeltDigger

Sep 30, 2020
Bangor, PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with the “BS,over hyped claims”about the Apex doing what they say it can. Total garbage! I don’t even own one but it’s clear as day to see that the minelab crushes the Garrett’s mediocre machine. I don’t even like the sounds of the Apex. It’s an annoying tone compared to Minelabs more pleasant fluty tones.

LOL funny you mention this. I'm an AT Pro user who recently added an Equinox 600. The very first thing I thought when I tested the 600 for the first time had nothing to do with separation or depth etc...the first obvious difference was that the tones were actually pleasing to my ear vs. the Garrett products I own. Nice catch, and sorry to highjack this thread with an off topic comment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread