The mature stoner: why are so many seniors smoking weed? - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: The mature stoner: why are so many seniors smoking weed?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    18678 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    Quote Originally Posted by piegrande View Post
    I didn't think marijuana was so much worst than alcohol that in SD you could get life in prison for one joint, but the states sold alcohol.
    I am a teetotaller, no drugs; no booze, but believe marijuana should be totally allowed. You should be able to go to the drug store and buy it USP.
    I'm a pretty private fellow, but at times foolish and unaware. Years ago I got a DUI while going home from a bar. Oh my was that life changing! OUCH - the things I had to go through... My driveway is a kilometer long to reach the "real world" - where it's pretty nice to sit up the holler without having to deal with all that crap.
    Last edited by DeepseekerADS; Feb 14, 2020 at 10:28 PM.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

mx
    May 2010
    534 times
    The problem with what you said is it is hard to say those high school kids were using pure marijuana. People who sell illegal drugs have been known to lace it with whatever they really want to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringtyer View Post
    Some interesting points going on here. Because I have been diagnosed with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and take a PPI medicine to reduce the amount of acid my body produces, I am very limited with the pain relievers that I can take. Most of them cause gastric distress and those that don't (acetaminophen, for example) have the potential for negative outcomes for a person's kidneys and liver. I talked with my doctor who has traditionally not been a supporter of cannabis and asked her about using CBD products for pain and gastric problems. She thought it might be a good idea and suggested that I try some CBD infused oil. Since she knows I enjoy academic pursuits for fun, she also asked me to do some scholarly research about CBD and cannabis as potential medicine.

While there has not been extensive research because of the federal law proscribing marijuana as a Schedule-I substance, the passage of the Farm Bill in 2018 has allowed research into the use of CBD. My research, which has been based on scholarly articles published in professional medical and research journals, shows that there is potential for several non-pharmaceutical (in sense of synthetic creations) medical uses for CBD. The prime case is that of Charlotte Figi, a young girl with incurable, intractable, epilepsy who was given a high CBD, low THC medicine that reduced her seizures from multiples per day to very infrequent occurrences. Studies show a good potential for treating anxiety, gastric issues, and pain (among others) with CBD without THC.

The last time I smoked any weed was nearly 50 years ago and I really have no desire to start again now. I do, however, use CBD products on a daily basis. I have found CBD to be beneficial for arthritis pain and IBS problems. It works for both. I have, with one exception, not used any pain medication for over a year (the one time I used some Tylenol was about two weeks ago when I was blessed with a mild case of the flu).

I have to say that I am not a fan of anyone under the age of 35 using marijuana. I taught high school for my last career before I retired and saw too often the negative effects of marijuana on the brains of teenagers. I will continue to stand against the legalization of marijuana for recreational purposes. I am still undecided about medical marijuana but believe it has a place in modern medicine as much as it has for the last 4000 years. As for comparing cannabis to alcohol, I will come down on the side of cannabis. Cannabis likely has less negative effects than alcohol but much more research is needed.

So ends my rant ...

Feb 2007
    SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
    PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
    224 times
    wet dirt
    Never be mean or obscene, im a midnight toker, and a shroom or two gives you a better view and im past seventy two
    if it wasn't for flashbacks. i would have no memory at all

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links