THIS SOUNDS SERIOUS! YIKES!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Apparently people are turning into Mexicans?

Attachments

• the-corona-virus-in-its-purest-form-68529394.png
    the-corona-virus-in-its-purest-form-68529394.png
    170.9 KB · Views: 65

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every year or two there is a panic, a crisis, a pandemic, something that will kill us all. We're still here.

This one is zipping around the planet, and appears to transmit easily. The world is just waiting for a pandemic. Which bug will knock the population back 20-30% This one?

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one is zipping around the planet, and appears to transmit easily. The world is just waiting for a pandemic. Which bug will knock the population back 20-30% This one?

From what I’ve read, it seems like the fatality rate for this coronavirus is around 5%.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a picture of a woman eating a cook bat, which is outrages.

Yeah! Everybody I know prefers their bats raw.

Anybody else here ever wonder what monkey tastes like? I don't know either, but I'm guessing it's either really tasty or the people that eat it are just really hungry. I had dog once, cooked into eggrolls by my Tiawaneese boss's mistress. It wasn't too bad but then again I did not know it was a dog at the time. I do kind of wonder what breed it was and no I don't want to try it again.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if a billion people catch it only 200,000,000 people will die?

Gee, that's not reassuring.

At 5%, if a billion people caught it, it would be 50,000,000. I wasn’t saying that a 1 in 20 chance of dying is reassuring. I was just stating what information I’ve read.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m taking this one serious enough to be watching the progress and thinking about keeping a larger store of daily supplies and non-perishable food so I can avoid having to be around people WHEN this starts spreading along the west coast. The interstate will spread it quickly. The flu spread throughout my family last fall. Niece -> brother -> me -> mom -> dad -> uncle. All about 24-48 hours apart like clock work. Nobody got pneumonia.

If this Wuhan virus reached pandemic levels, I could easily envision shortages due to panic.

China is taking it pretty seriously. I’m sure they have already spent years modeling the spread rate and fatality rates.
People are probably afraid to clear their throat for fear of getting sent to an isolation camp with truly sick people. The scary thing is that the United States will not take drastic steps to curb the spread until it’s too late.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From what I’ve read, it seems like the fatality rate for this coronavirus is around 5%.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

As Imaudigger says, I'm watching this. I actually bought four boxes of masks online today. That's not a panic move, but one may want to wear one out in public. And I noticed some sellers are out of stock already. 5% fatality. Bad news. Hopefully it will mutate out of being lethal.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Imaudigger says, I'm watching this. I actually bought four boxes of masks online today. That's not a panic move, but one may want to wear one out in public. And I noticed some sellers are out of stock already. 5% fatality. Bad news. Hopefully it will mutate out of being lethal.

I agree. Hopefully it burns itself out. They’re early numbers and I just ballparked based on what I’d read, using fatalities and confirmed cases. There are likely many more unconfirmed cases so the mortality rate is likely lower but time will tell.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m taking this one serious enough to be watching the progress and thinking about keeping a larger store of daily supplies and non-perishable food so I can avoid having to be around people WHEN this starts spreading along the west coast. The interstate will spread it quickly. The flu spread throughout my family last fall. Niece -> brother -> me -> mom -> dad -> uncle. All about 24-48 hours apart like clock work. Nobody got pneumonia.

If this Wuhan virus reached pandemic levels, I could easily envision shortages due to panic.

China is taking it pretty seriously. I’m sure they have already spent years modeling the spread rate and fatality rates.
People are probably afraid to clear their throat for fear of getting sent to an isolation camp with truly sick people. The scary thing is that the United States will not take drastic steps to curb the spread until it’s too late.

Definitely prudent to keep an eye on it. My family is fortunate in that we have a deep freezer and enough food and other necessities to carry us for a month or so without having to go out, if need be.

Quarantine has already failed and the US would react too slowly. There was a story today about a woman who bragged on social media about taking fever reducing medications to slip through on a flight to France. How stupid and selfish is that?? To think... “Gee, I got this bug so it’s already too late for me, but hey, I’m gonna get on a flight, with a bunch of other people with different destinations to who knows where, potentially spreading it across several continents.”

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely prudent to keep an eye on it. My family is fortunate in that we have a deep freezer and enough food and other necessities to carry us for a month or so without having to go out, if need be.

Quarantine has already failed and the US would react too slowly. There was a story today about a woman who bragged on social media about taking fever reducing medications to slip through on a flight to France. How stupid and selfish is that?? To think... “Gee, I got this bug so it’s already too late for me, but hey, I’m gonna get on a flight, with a bunch of other people with different destinations to who knows where, potentially spreading it across several continents.”

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Ya I’ve got a few choice words for people like that.

All we can do is watch multiple news sources to try and get balanced news..then try and figure out what’s real and what is hype designed only for profit.

Right off the bat, we have to take everything we get from Red Commie China with skepticism.
We really only know what they want us to.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve only got a small freezer that’s full of various things I don’t seem to eat. Thinking of buying a small stand alone freezer and being a little more tactical as to what and how much I put in it.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
All the recent nasty pandemics have originated in China.. SARS, Swine Flu, Asian Bird Flu. All were harmless in their animal hosts until the viruses jumped off the dinner table and into the humans who dined upon them.

Just like the previous outbreaks, the local and regional governors - then the Communist Politburo, fearing their necks on the chopping blocks, lie about the severity until the situation is totally out of control.

Last edited:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
One has to wonder if it jumped to them because they were eating them. All the world cooks and eats their animals and fowl, but it only seems to cross lines there. Hanky panky?

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, nothing at all bigoted about that post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread