Pay attention to what you purchase and consume - check the labels....

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably all true and reason to check your purchases in food.

Smithfield Farms, the largest pork producing farm in the USA was sold recently to China with the unanimous support of its stockholders!! The hogs will still be raised here, but slaughtered and packaged for sale there before being sent back here. This includes labels of Morrell, Eckrich, Krakus, Cudahy, Premium Hams, Cook's, Gwaltney, The same with many chickens. They can now be shipped there, but when they come back all that needs to be labeled is that they WERE RAISED IN THE USA. Not that they were processed in China!!! Our great FDA at work again. The chickens will be all processed and most sold to fast food restaurants for sandwiches, along with schools and supermarkets. The China slaughter and processing are not nearly equal to the requirements here.

*BAD FOOD:::

We recently learned that Starkist Tuna is now owned by Korea , and is in big conflict with the U. S. concerning quality, safety, and records, which Korea refuses to produce.

Read several articles on Google about this, and even one that was defending the eating of tilapia said to avoid the fish that came from China Also,I had just returned home from buying Albertson's 4-day special of 4 bags of frozen tilapia for the price of one.? Sure enough, on the top of the bags, it read "farm raised", and on the bottom in small print it said, " China "read all the way down...

Recently a Food inspector on TV... said he had lived overseas and he had seen the filthy conditions their foods are raised and processed in. It is enough to make you throw up. Some foreign workers have to wear masks as they work in these places, because the food is so rotten and filthy, it makes them want to throw up. Many of their fish on Fish Farms are fed raw sewage daily. He said he has seen so much filth throughout their food growing and processing that he would "never" eat any of it. They raise this filth, put some food coloring and some flavorings on it, then they ship it to the USA & Canada for YOU to consume and feed to YOUR families. They have no Food & Safety Inspectors. They ship it to you to buy and poison your families and friends .

Imported food we eat and the junk we buy: Green Giant frozen vegetables are from China, and so are most of Europe 's Best.

Arctic Gardens are Okay. So is Birdseye.

Never buy the grocery store garlic unless it is clearly marked from USA or Canada, the other stuff is grown in people poop (even worse than chicken droppings). China is the largest producer of garlic in the world; U. S. is next.

Buy only local honey *, much honey is shipped in huge containers from China and re-packed here.

Cold-FX is grown and packed in China and is full of fecal bacteria. Doesn't work anyway, big scam.

If the country of origin is not clearly marked beware. If produce, ask an employee.

Watch out for packages which state "prepared for", "packed by" or "imported by". We don't understand the lack of mandatory labeling, especially the produce.
The country of origin should be clearly shown on the item in the store.

Go to the local farmers' markets in season and keep a wary eye open the rest of the year.

Please read this very carefully, and read to the very bottom. It's important for all of us.

How is it possible to ship food from China cheaper than having it produced in the U. S. or Canada?

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '. SO, FOR A FEW MORE CENTS, BUY THE LIBERTY BRAND.

GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE IS FROM CALIFORNIA.

Beware, Costco sells canned peaches and pears in a plastic jar that come from China.

ALL "HIGH LINER" AND MOST OTHER FROZEN FISH PRODUCTS COME FROM CHINA OR INDONESIA . THE PACKAGE MAY SAY "PACIFIC SALMON" ON THE FRONT, BUT LOOK FOR THE SMALL PRINT. MOST OF THESE PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS IN THE ORIENT WHERE THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE FISH.

Recently The Montreal Gazette had an article by the Canadian Government on how Chinese feed the fish: They suspend chicken wire crates over the fish ponds, and the fish feed on chicken droppings.

If you search the internet about what the Chinese feed their fish, you'll be alarmed; e. g, growth hormones, expired anti-biotic from humans.? Never buy any type of fish or shellfish that comes from these countries: Vietnam, China, Philippines.

Check this out personally. Steinfeld's Pickles are made in India - just as bad! Another example is in canned mushrooms. No-Name brand came from Indonesia .
Also, check those little fruit cups. They used to be made in Canada in the Niagara region until about 2 years ago. They are now packaged in China. Most sold in Aldi stores.

While the Chinese export inferior and even toxic products, dangerous toys, and goods to be sold in North American markets, the media wrings its hands! Yet, 70% of North Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended.

Well, duh! Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?

SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF, CANADA AND THE U. S.

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

THINK ABOUT THIS:

If 200 million North Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast! The downside? Some Canadian/American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory.

Just one month of trading losses will hit the Chinese for 8% of their North American exports. Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness are worth it.

START NOW and don't stop and tell your friends.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
START NOW and don't stop and tell your friends.

This is one of those odd times when punctuation can really
make a difference. As read, it sounds as if you are telling
others to not stop and tell their friends about it...:dontknow:

I believe you mean to say..

START NOW, and don't stop. Tell your friends.

As to the subject, while I'm not as passionate about it as you are,
there are boundaries I've set when it comes to buying anything
made in China. After finding quarter sized pieces of plastic sheeting
in several cans of Mandarin Oranges, I swore off buying any food imported
in China.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
For many years of my life I read everything I could find about "Organic Gardening".

When I retired and returned home to the farm, my first year was spent in gardening preparations, went at it whole hog. Along the way through the first couple of years I learned I had a brown thumb, not a green thumb. The best way for me to kill a garden was for me to grow it myself......

Now I look forward to the local Farmer's Market each Spring through the Summer.

I do better that way. I guess my best skill is at drinking good beer......

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, it's pretty scary what some ppl are willing to do, to their fellowman, for a buck.
(DD, was that punctuation passing your tests, there...) :laughing7:

One can search: Ten Companies that control everything you eat.
The articles are old, back from 2013 to 2017, that I found.
I imagine it hasn't got better. The pic kinda sums it up... :-\

foodcontrol.png

I'd love to be able to grow something, besides green onions... :BangHead:
One has to be present, daily, to truly cultivate properly, and even then...
I'm usually too early or too late, for any decent growing season.
The heat of summer just burns everything, down here!

You do have to watch the package labeling. Even being the
breadbasket of the south, we only grow/have "certain things"...
And one can find even less "locally grown" produce, in our chain stores here.
Even our "farmers markets", are selling stuff flown in from... you name it... :dontknow:

"Do the best you can".... seems to be working for me... so far.... :laughing7:

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
be sure to pay special attention to the impurities or to be blunt pollutants that are listed in your prescription med's ? oh you say you did'nt see any listed on the label ? thats becuz they did'nt put them in there ? DOH ! i wonder why ? so i'll caution you. go online and check for recalls before you die ! see if you can find what they are and why they put them in there ? and why nobody informed you of this ? the local forum zombie thats who:icon_scratch:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just ate a package of Lance Toast Chee crackers with peanut butter. Delicious.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy local when possible. I buy my beef from a local rancher and grow everything I can.
Luckily My backyard is 1.8 million acres of prime hunting ground also. (short read) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_River–Siskiyou_National_Forest

A few years back I remember pet food from China was poisoning pets. Toys from China had lead paint! Really? Quality control is that hard?

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Great thread, thanks for sharing this frightening information. I was unaware that we ship our animals to China for slaughter and processing. What I saw in Southeast Asia many years ago was enough to make me avoid any food processed there. I wasn’t in China but I think the entire area is pretty much the same.
On another note, one needs to pay attention to what they buy at local farmer’s markets. I know that up here the growing season is very short, so when someone advertises “native corn” in June, you have to wonder “Native to where?” Sure as heck wasn’t grown in New England. I also know of a vendor who sold flavored cheese from their local goat farm. Turns out they bought these huge tubs of cheese from BJ’s wholesale (like Sam’s Club or Costco) then sprinkled a little seasoning on it, repackaged it in these cute little tubs with pictures of their goats on the label and sold it at a ridiculous mark-up. I was surprised to learn that there was no regulation prohibiting the practice. I guess the moral of the story is “caveat emptor”.
I just bought a cast iron Dutch oven today and made sure that it was made in the U.S. - no names but the company is in Tennessee. I’ll continue to make a conscious effort to avoid products from China, including pet food.
There’s also a serious risk in buying any medicine from China - it’s like playing Russian roulette.
dts

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I refuse to buy Chinese Rum.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bayer. You know, aspirin? bayer4.jpg

In addition, they make bayer1.jpg bayer2.jpg

and bayer3.jpg

Now, they're growing these in the Netherlands.

bayer.jpg

Mommy, why do Bayer tomatoes taste so good?

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've avoided food from China for years. Why knowingly buy food from our enemies?

Farm raised shrimp are all from China, Thailand, Vietnam, etc. They live very well in sewage lagoons. The packaged product is heavily dosed with antibiotics. The best shrimp you can buy today are wild red shrimp from deep cold water off Argentina/Patagonia. If you must buy warm water shrimp, then wild shrimp from the US Southeast and Gulf are ok. My own freezers are full of argentine red shrimp.

All tilapia sold in stores are farm raised, and all that I've seen have been from China, etc. The fish are very tolerant to living in their own waste and can be raised in closed systems. Wild Pacific cod from the PNW is a good alternative - but make sure it was not harvested in US waters but packaged in China.

I refuse aquaculture salmon for different reasons. The alternative is wild salmon from the PNW.

I don't eat farm raised shrimp, tilapia or pen reared salmon even if they are free at some party or event. We walk past and ignore better wild edibles every day!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
A few years back I remember pet food from China was poisoning pets.

Our three cats, Mom just fed them a can of Friskies. When I came home, Mom had a cat - Leroy, and I had Bowie & Missy. They were old cats, Leroy was 17, Bowie was 16 and Missy was 15. One after the other, they passed. We'd always fed them commercial cat foods. When Leroy passed, Mom's heart was completely broken, and I was pretty bummed out.

At the local Farmer's Market, I was turned on to a litter of 3 kittens, 6 weeks old. They run the house now. Mom just fed them their Friskies....

Mom's 94 and I'm a bit over 70. Our little buddies dominate our lives. As we go through life we lose a lot of friends along the way. Sometimes the most painful times come when we lose our pets.....

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Great thread, thanks for sharing this frightening information. I was unaware that we ship our animals to China for slaughter and processing. What I saw in Southeast Asia many years ago was enough to make me avoid any food processed there. I wasn’t in China but I think the entire area is pretty much the same.
On another note, one needs to pay attention to what they buy at local farmer’s markets. I know that up here the growing season is very short, so when someone advertises “native corn” in June, you have to wonder “Native to where?” Sure as heck wasn’t grown in New England. I also know of a vendor who sold flavored cheese from their local goat farm. Turns out they bought these huge tubs of cheese from BJ’s wholesale (like Sam’s Club or Costco) then sprinkled a little seasoning on it, repackaged it in these cute little tubs with pictures of their goats on the label and sold it at a ridiculous mark-up. I was surprised to learn that there was no regulation prohibiting the practice. I guess the moral of the story is “caveat emptor”.
I just bought a cast iron Dutch oven today and made sure that it was made in the U.S. - no names but the company is in Tennessee. I’ll continue to make a conscious effort to avoid products from China, including pet food.
There’s also a serious risk in buying any medicine from China - it’s like playing Russian roulette.
dts
i once bought a frozen rabbit and the package stated product of China. well it looked to be a rabbit ? cooked it up. but to me it tasted more like fish ? hmmm ! even had bones in it that you would think are that of a rabbit ? well they say you are what you eat ? so ? what do they have a lot of over there ? yep !................also ? i'm not a big fan of Russian roulette !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread