Are You Wearing A Mask Yet? - Page 23
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 391
Like Tree1310Likes

Thread: Are You Wearing A Mask Yet?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #331
    us
    Dec 2012
    lower hudson valley, N.Y.
    safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
    3,257
    4330 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Check your teeth?? Heck, since I am required to and don't mind wearing a mask inside any businesses, museums, or any other indoors situation here I figure I only have to shave maybe once a week if my face gets itchy. Now nobody can see if I have a scruffy looking lazy mug. I also now understand what it's like being a muslim male, sure is hard to tell the pretty girls when all are masked!! Of course another downside is that when you figure one is attractive she can't see if you smile at her.
    Last edited by gunsil; Sep 12, 2020 at 09:34 PM.
    Ya won't find nuthin' if ya don't hunt

  2. #332
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    17,686
    9336 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsil View Post
    Check your teeth?? Heck, since I am required to and don't mind wearing a mask inside any businesses, museums, or any other indoors situation here I figure I only have to shave maybe once a week if my face gets itchy. Now nobody can see if I have a scruffy looking lazy mug. I also now understand what it's like being a muslim male, sure is hard to tell the pretty girls when all are masked!! Of course another downside is that when you figure one is attractive she can't see if you smile at her.
    You gotta smile with your eyes and if lucky her eyes smile back! Crazy world......
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

    All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

  3. #333
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex
    2,472
    2680 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraywolf View Post
    Look what up, specifically ?
    Always looking to expand my horizons, pray tell where you go for nothing but the pure, unfiltered truth ?

    It has been known for over half a year that those with underlying health conditions are the most vulnerable, not exactly a news flash. You and those like you seem to see things in stark black & white, I prefer a little contrast.
    2 people same age same gender get covid, one is obese and the other is not.
    The obese one dies, the one not obese lives. Stands to reason, would it not, that if the one who was obese was not obese, he would not have died.
    United States of obesity: Grim CDC map reveals the 12 states in the South and Midwest where more than 35% of people are 'dangerously' overweight and at risk for COVID-19

    • Twelve states including Alabama, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, and West Virginia have adult obesity rates of at least 35%
    • Prevalence ranged from the lowest in Colorado at 23.8% to the highest in Mississippi at 40.8%
    • Six states had a white population with more than one-third obese compared to 15 states for Hispanics and 34 states for black residents from 2017 to 2019
    • CDC warns that obese people are at a high risk of severe illness, hospitalization and death from COVID-19
    • Scientists believe obesity changes the body's immune response and leads to chronic inflammation


    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...verweight.html

    [Please, no belly aching from the usual suspects about the source, stats and map are from the CDC]
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

  4. #334
    us
    Jun 2018
    616
    1125 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraywolf View Post
    United States of obesity: Grim CDC map reveals the 12 states in the South and Midwest where more than 35% of people are 'dangerously' overweight and at risk for COVID-19

    • Twelve states including Alabama, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, and West Virginia have adult obesity rates of at least 35%
    • Prevalence ranged from the lowest in Colorado at 23.8% to the highest in Mississippi at 40.8%
    • Six states had a white population with more than one-third obese compared to 15 states for Hispanics and 34 states for black residents from 2017 to 2019
    • CDC warns that obese people are at a high risk of severe illness, hospitalization and death from COVID-19
    • Scientists believe obesity changes the body's immune response and leads to chronic inflammation


    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...verweight.html

    [Please, no belly aching from the usual suspects about the source, stats and map are from the CDC]



    Why would we "belly ache".... You've just confirmed what I've already stated.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Kentuck View Post
    Unfortunately, that is false reasoning.

    If a blind man walks into traffic and is hit by a bus and dies......did the bus kill him, or his blindness?

    True, his blindness was a contributing factor, but if he hadn't been hit by the bus he would still be alive. Blind, but alive.

    You can couch your example of "obesity" in any terms you wish, all day long - but it does not change the fact that the obese person died from Covid-19, NOT obesity. And THAT is a FACT.

    To answer your question....No, it doesn't "stand to reason that if the one who was obese was not obese, he would not have died". Not every obese person who contracts the virus dies. And not every non-obese person lives. In fact, what the CDC numbers Clearly Prove is how deadly the virus actually is. Even being completely healthy doesn't guarantee you will survive Covid-19.

    There were/are millions of people out there with underlying health conditions. The ones who have died from Covid-19 might still have been alive, with those same underlying conditions, if they hadn't contracted the virus. They died from Covid-19. Being more susceptible makes no difference to the bottom line, ie, the CDC Total Death Count of All that have Died from Covid-19....including the completely healthy.


    Your faulty reasoning is what is causing that gray area, or that "contrast" you "prefer".

    Well, here's the skinny....

    The Facts Are Black and White.

    Alive is Alive. Dead is Dead.

    Capisce?


    189,147.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Kentuck View Post
    Thank you, Pepperj. Sobering numbers there, and the truth those percentages reveal is what we all should be paying attention to.

    A large majority of American citizens today suffer from one or more underlying health condition that may or may not make us more susceptible to dying from Covid-19. That Truth alone is reason enough for mandating precautionary measures; ie, wearing masks, self distancing, and increased hand washing/sanitizing.

    But the Fact that even a normally healthy citizen can be susceptible, and not just to dying, but also to life long debilitating health and financial effects from contracting Covid-19 if they survive - makes it Imperative.

    Our "Beliefs" do not keep us Safe.

    Believers and Non-Believers alike are dying, every day, from what could have been a preventable pandemic had these precautions been established and followed rigorously from the start. The sad part is that they weren't, and we weren't informed. In fact, the truth was witheld.

    It's too late to prevent the 180,000+ deaths that have already occurred. But we CAN take steps to help prevent the continued spread and subsequent future loss of life.

    WEAR THE MASK. Follow self distancing guidelines, and use proper hand cleaning and sanitizing measures.

    Believe it or Not, the Lives you Save may be Your Own and your Loved Ones.



    Glad to see you're doing your homework.



    Today - 9/17/2020

    196,277




  5. #335
    us
    Jun 2018
    616
    1125 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraywolf View Post
    Look what up, specifically ?
    Always looking to expand my horizons, pray tell where you go for nothing but the pure, unfiltered truth ?

    It has been known for over half a year that those with underlying health conditions are the most vulnerable, not exactly a news flash. You and those like you seem to see things in stark black & white, I prefer a little contrast.
    2 people same age same gender get covid, one is obese and the other is not.
    The obese one dies, the one not obese lives. Stands to reason, would it not, that if the one who was obese was not obese, he would not have died.

    Xray, I honestly can't decide if you are just having trouble understanding the Facts here or are simply in denial as so many seem to be right now. To be clear....

    A.) Being obese doesn't guarantee you a death sentence, only that you have an increased risk of dying from Covid-19.

    B.) Being healthy doesn't guarantee you will survive the virus, only that you have a greater chance for survival.

    Obviously, one would be better served by staying healthy, but it doesn't make you bulletproof. According to the CDC, healthy people are dying every day...right along with the unhealthy. We should still be wearing the mask and observing all recommended protocols.

    The number of people who have the virus but are asymptomatic (no symptoms, but contagious and capable of spreading it) are innumerable and unknown at any given moment.

    You may call it "Freedom" to not wear a mask. The ones you could infect by not doing so would call it Willful Criminal Negligence, and be entirely justified in doing so.

    Understand this is not a contest of wills for me, with a "Winner or Loser" in a debate, nor is it political. This is Life or Death. I say these things because, believe it or not, I want you and those you come in contact with to have the best chance for survival. If you're obese, try and lose the weight....increase your chances for survival. If you're healthy, thank your lucky stars but don't let your guard down and become complacent. Protect yourself and those around you.

    Wear. The. Mask.

    For Everyone's sake, including your own.

  6. #336

    Dec 2003
    Porter Township, Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    72,826
    40309 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    things Seem to be changing here . Went down to my Insurance Agency today.
    Force of Habit, I Threw a Mask on & walked in.
    No One had a Mask, So I took mine off.

    of course i went to my garage, to find out about buying a spare no mask there .

    and stopped for gas, went in there no mask.

    when I got back here, the manager was in her office, no mask.
    I peaked in her door and asked if I could talk to her.
    she invited me in, I sat down, and asked "Can I take this Thing Off ? I Hate this Thing ! "
    she picked up Her Mask & said "Yes ! I'll put Mine on"
    which of course I felt bad I forgot to tell her she didn't need to. I'm not ascared of the invisible.
    but maybe she was

    I long for the day I walk into the grocery store and see someone shopping or working without a mask.

    I may Blush & Say Cover Up Maam ! This isn't Hustler ! LOL
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Sep 17, 2020 at 07:32 PM.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

  7. #337
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex
    2,472
    2680 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Kentuck View Post
    Why would we "belly ache".... You've just confirmed what I've already stated.
    So much hot air and fluff coming from you chances are, I didn't even read what you've already stated.
    It does however back up my contention:
    "2 people same age same gender get covid, one is obese and the other is not.
    The obese one dies, the one not obese lives. Stands to reason, would it not, that if the one who was obese was not obese, he would not have died."

    And you'll be glad to know that I Do. Wear. A. Mask. When required and when I think its prudent. At this point, if someone is not inclined to wear a mask or wash their hands with antibacterial soap/handwipes, I seriously doubt if you harping on the subject is going to change their minds. I wish the best for everyone as well but we need to look at sometimes harsh realities - And the fact is, the vast majority of those who died from this exported infection had pre-existing health conditions, and a good chunk of those were obese. No, being healthy does not guarantee a safe passage through the chinese bio-pandemic but it gives you far greater odds by orders of magnitude.
    Ol' Kentuck and Rebel - KGC like this.

  8. #338
    us
    Jun 2018
    616
    1125 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraywolf View Post
    And you'll be glad to know that I Do. Wear. A. Mask. When required and when I think its prudent. At this point, if someone is not inclined to wear a mask or wash their hands with antibacterial soap/handwipes, I seriously doubt if you harping on the subject is going to change their minds.


    Yep, I am glad to know it, good news indeed. Now I know there's a much better chance you'll be there if I ever need any help keeping my ego in check.

    As for the rest, you're right.....I can't save everyone. But, if my feeble attempts to inform help even one person live to see another sunrise, I have affected this crazy world in a positive way. Can't ask for more than that.

    All the best to Ye, have a Good'un.

  9. #339

    Dec 2003
    Porter Township, Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    72,826
    40309 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Reasons Why You Should Stop Using Antibacterial Soap
    • Antibacterial Soap Contributes to the Rise of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria. ...
    • Antibacterial Soap May Disrupt Hormones. ...
    • Antibacterial Soap May Impair Muscle Function. ...
    • Antibacterial Soap Increases Risk of Allergies. ...
    • Antibacterial Soap is Bad for the Environment. ...
    • Antibacterial Soap Isn't Any More Effective Than Regular Soap.

    the red one has supposedly changed i read they removed what was causing that

    they can't change this Antibacterial Soap Contributes to the Rise of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria

    I'm sure the Environmental one is just Paranoia By EnviroMentalists Because Being Born is
    Bad for the Environment if you ask them.


    As for Masks I almost Instinctively carry mine in my hand.
    sometimes i forget it in my apartment.

    but if i see someone here with one on, i put mine on till i pass them.

    other then that , if i walk in a business i throw it on over my mouth,
    but leave my nose free to blow in the wind, so I can still breathe natural air and get some of that natural IMMUNITY .
    I Don't Fear Invisible Boogaboos ! Especially Odorless ones


    Of course As I said "When In Rome" I see no mask, I wear No Mask !

    If I Forget My Mask, I Take A chance on Being Tackled Or Shot


    Last edited by jeff of pa; Sep 18, 2020 at 07:10 AM.
    T.C. and Rebel - KGC like this.

  10. #340
    us
    Jun 2018
    616
    1125 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    Reasons Why You Should Stop Using Antibacterial Soap
    • Antibacterial Soap Contributes to the Rise of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria. ...
    • Antibacterial Soap May Disrupt Hormones. ...
    • Antibacterial Soap May Impair Muscle Function. ...
    • Antibacterial Soap Increases Risk of Allergies. ...
    • Antibacterial Soap is Bad for the Environment. ...
    • Antibacterial Soap Isn't Any More Effective Than Regular Soap.

    the red one has supposedly changed i read they removed what was causing that


    [/I]


    Using antibacterial hand soap makes us less 'manly/womanly'? I've heard it all now.

    I can see why they removed it.

    Lack of hormones most generally can be traced back to the depletion, or absence, of hormone producing glands, which can result from a plethora of causes, including age. (Since this instance assumes hand washing to be the culprit, I assume some 'hand-ling' of the offended glands was involved to transfer the contaminant? )

    Or maybe it's just a psychological phenomenon. Irrational fear.

    Regardless, it appears they thought twice about the statement and removed it.

    Thanks for the update.

  11. #341

    Dec 2003
    Porter Township, Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    72,826
    40309 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Kentuck View Post
    Using antibacterial hand soap makes us less 'manly/womanly'? I've heard it all now.

    I can see why they removed it.

    Lack of hormones most generally can be traced back to the depletion, or absence, of hormone producing glands, which can result from a plethora of causes, including age. (Since this instance assumes hand washing to be the culprit, I assume some 'hand-ling' of the offended glands was involved to transfer the contaminant? )

    Or maybe it's just a psychological phenomenon. Irrational fear.

    Regardless, it appears they thought twice about the statement and removed it.

    Thanks for the update.
    No there was an Ingredient they removed

    On September 9, 2016, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) banned the incorporation of triclosan and 18 other antimicrobial chemicals from household soap products and the next year prevented companies from using triclosan in over-the-counter health care antiseptic products without premarket review.


    The dangers of triclosan (and a related antibacterial chemical, triclocarban) are many. For starters, it's an endocrine disruptor, meaning it interferes with important hormone functions, which can directly affect the brain in addition to our immune and reproductive systems
    https://www.nrdc.org/stories/dirt-antibacterial-soaps
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Sep 18, 2020 at 08:39 AM.

  12. #342
    us
    TunaTonker

    Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    651
    1234 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Funny thing about masks:

    For nearly 50 years now i've been walking into a host of local businesses,

    Prominently displayed in many of the front entrances and windows is this sign:

    "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service!"

    Not once in the intervening 50 years have i heard anyone claim their freedom's being quashed. It was accepted that it was the right thing to do for the respect and health of others.
    Resident De-Bunker. I'm blunt because I don't have time to indulge your fantasies. Treasure is found down here on Earth, not on Google Earth.

  13. #343
    us
    John

    Mar 2014
    Atwater, CA
    At Pro
    555
    706 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Not a popular opinion but not sure why people freak so much about the virus. We all know the risks to it by now and if you are worried about it you wear your mask or you take your precautions to stay safe. Some of us aren't worried about it. I for one don't trust my homes numbers (USA) on those infected and dying from it first off. I know doctors who are first hand telling me they are doing sketchy things to make the numbers higher then they actually are. Don't expect my word to be taken on that as yes people lie I understand that. But regardless of that whatever happened to personal responsibility? Everyone again knows the risks so if someone is concerned you should take actions upon yourself to protect yourself. I get in certain businesses and places where masks should be worn bo matter what but otherwise I think the rest is up to the individual. Yup I'll get a lot of flak for this but oh well.
    jeff of pa, T.C. and Rebel - KGC like this.

  14. #344
    Prof. Shellman

    Dec 2006
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
    1,035
    1169 times
    I wanted to knock the teeth out of a maskless man that walked out of Sam's Club just as my wife was going in with her mask on. Insisting and triggering about his "rights" without acknowledging his responsibilities is not freedom. It's selfish, adolescent idiocy.

  15. #345

    Dec 2003
    Porter Township, Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    72,826
    40309 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    IF Masks Actually work, Why would someone wearing a mask, Worry about someone Not wearing a Mask a few Feet away from Them ?
    Unless they Grab them & lay a Sloppy Lip Lock on their Mask ? or walk around licking everything


    I'd Swear Some people Would say they were Being Endangered by the one out of 100 if 99 Had these Masks on
    and one not wearing a mask entered the group. If he Sneezed, There would Be strokes all around,
    as they scramble for the door climbing over each other

    Name:  000aaa.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  7.1 KB

    That's What Gets Me.
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Sep 18, 2020 at 09:37 AM.
    JVA5th, T.C. and Rebel - KGC like this.

 

 
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Wearing out the Nox 600 grip
    By GameOfTones in forum Equinox
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jul 02, 2018, 06:57 AM
  2. What is this lady wearing
    By jtw1313 in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: May 30, 2017, 03:30 PM
  3. Wearing out my welcome?
    By hrnewsome in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Sep 18, 2013, 06:41 PM
  4. Woman wearing a hat
    By m.langlois in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Oct 28, 2011, 05:49 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0