Not open for further replies.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fear monger. Do you think your statistics are truthful? Enough of the name calling as well.

Can you point out where i name called? I re-read it and didn't see one name call. I made some calls to action (to research and educate ones self), thats far different then name calling. If i say something ignorant (which i've done on here before and been called out in the past), i research it and correct it.

Fear monger? Huh? Educating one self and taking precautions is the anti-thesis of "fear mongering".

Historically, deniers are usually the group in fear. The denial of it, stems from fear of it.

Do you have a better alternative to statistics (and the underlying facts and science that produces them)? Though they can be wrong at time and misleading, they are based in fact finding. What do you use to ascertain the truth? Spine Tingle? Hair on the back of your neck rising? A "gut" feeling?

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No offense to anyone here, BUT, 5G and the Covid virus have -0-,
nada, nothing.. to do with each other.

That would be like saying that there is a relationship between
the Washington Monument and some rare fish that lives 30,000 ft.
deep in the ocean. :laughing7:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AND my county has a population of about 256,000. And 4,959 cases. Most in nursing homes. AND 84 DEATHS! Almost all in nursing homes.

So...the math is...0.019 percent of the county population has had covid up to yesterday. Deaths? .000328125 percent of the population. I have a higher chance of getting hit by a meteor TODAY than dying of covid here!

Actually the Case Fatality Rate rate is 1.7 percent in your county and 2.5 percent state wide. It's misleading to calculate the death rate as a total mortality rate of a particular population, as to die from it, you have to contract it. Using uninfected population is not a gauge of the actual lethality of virus.

It'd be akin to taking the fatality rate of 12 gauge shotgun blast to the left temporal lobe (99.9745 % fatal), but then mixing it in with the population who didn't receive any shotgun blasts to their temporal lobe and saying, "see, it only has a .00000001 percent mortality rate, so don't fear a 12 gauge blast to the head!!". It's how statistics can be manipulated to fit a narrative.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was for my county only as of today, not yours, but its interesting zero recoveries nationwide per the Maryland State database. That is at best, a misdirection on their part. It leaves out the equation of hope. GoDeep, have you looked at the stats for your county?

Here's the date for NY state. Population is 19.45 million
Infections are 574,072 or a .0295 infection rate
Deaths are 26,225 which leaves a death rate of .001348 percent.
This is from the NY Health Dept. for today.

Now looking back at the past the population of the US in 1918 was about 103,200,000.
Deaths from Spanish flu were 675,000. Death rate was .00654 percent - Hugely higher per capita than this current Chinese mess.

Its not like it was back in April and May.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was for my county only as of today, not yours, but its interesting zero recoveries nationwide per the Maryland State database. That is at best, a misdirection on their part. It leaves out the equation of hope. GoDeep, have you looked at the stats for your county?

Now looking back at the past the population of the US in 1918 was about 103,200,000.
Deaths from Spanish flu were 675,000. Death rate was .00654 percent - Hugely higher per capita than this current Chinese mess.

New York given it's population, really got it under control. It is starting to rise again. Other states though, are completely overwhelming their health care facilities.

Most of this will be mute in short order. Once the emergency use authorization goes through with the FDA, vaccines will be rolling out by years end to the most vulnerable and to the general population by spring. Assuming most actually get the vaccine. I'm a bit leery of how fast they've created it.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll get the shot. I'll probably be in the 2nd or 3rd group as I'm an old toad. 2020 - the year from hell.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

For the sake of argument though, the Spanish flu took place when medical care was non existent to most, and archaic for those who could get it. Taking into account modern medicines capabilities, the corona virus is way more deadly then the Spanish Flu. Had the Corona Virus come about a 100 years ago, death rates would have been astronomically higher then the spanish flu.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you point out where i name called? I re-read it and didn't see one name call. I made some calls to action (to research and educate ones self), thats far different then name calling. If i say something ignorant (which i've done on here before and been called out in the past), i research it and correct it.

Fear monger? Huh? Educating one self and taking precautions is the anti-thesis of "fear mongering".

Historically, deniers are usually the group in fear. The denial of it, stems from fear of it.

Do you have a better alternative to statistics (and the underlying facts and science that produces them)? Though they can be wrong at time and misleading, they are based in fact finding. What do you use to ascertain the truth? Spine Tingle? Hair on the back of your neck rising? A "gut" feeling?

This is an insult directed towards Smokeythecat. This is NOT the politics forum.

Denial is strong in this one. Seriously, ignorance and denial is no excuse, educate yourself before making yourself look uninformed.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an insult directed towards Smokeythecat. This is NOT the politics forum.

Fair enough, i can see where my directness can be insulting. I just tend to tell it like i see it. I edited it to remove anything that may be personally offensive.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fair enough, i can see where my directness can be insulting. I just tend to tell it like i see it. I edited it to remove anything that may be offensive.

Thank you, please try and remember that our politics forum and our other forums are different, rules are different. The tone of a post allowed in politics forum is not the same as the tone allowed in our other forums.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

According to CDC numbers...survivability rate is as follows: 0 to 20 years, 99.97%: 20 to 70 years, 99.5%: 70 and up, 98.5%.
"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself."

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to CDC numbers...survivability rate is as follows: 0 to 20 years, 99.97%: 20 to 70 years, 99.5%: 70 and up, 98.5%.
"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself."

Yeah, not bad odds and it appeals to our sense of logic. 1% average death rate for those who contract it, not too shabby on the surface But i heard it put another way to eliminate the "appeal to logic" effect:

Each pack of M&M's contains approximately 100 MM's, what if one M&M in there was deadly laced with cyanide and you were offered a million dollars to reach in and eat one. Suddenly 1 percent becomes a deadly odd most people wouldn't risk, even for a million dollars.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Link does not work.

I'll try again, as the stats of yesterday give a 3% death rate for those that get COVID. The numbers are different depending where one lives as the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) is a pool of infection a red zone. Here in the Eastern rural we have nobody infected-quiet-just whining folks writing letters to get tax relief on their summer homes because they can't visit.
6057B29B-2CB9-4930-86EE-F8C43D995454_1_201_a.jpeg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Smokey you are not figuring this right and lets just clarify this one important fact.

The Spanish Flu ran for a total of 50 months 675,000 deaths so that is a death rate of 13,500 per month

COVID-19 has ran a 9 month period and 256,218 deaths so that is a death rate of 28,469 per month

Yes one can argue that the population of the 50 states sits at 370mil now and back in 1918 it was 103mil.

But consider this the available medical antibiotics was zippo in 1918, nor were ventilators, nor the mass population, and folks kind of listened up a tad better.

Even today what they have found out how to treat patients 6 months ago vs today is different and will continue to be going forward.

These vaccines that the 2 companies are toting that they have 93-95% immune rates. Have to stay -20/-80C degrees below zero, have to get 2 shots. POOF!! That's where I'm putting it-pure POOF!!

The province of Ontario is getting 3 million (maybe) the population is 12 million.

Look at the release numbers for the USA-and how long it will take to stick the willing..........

Oh I think this will be around for a tad longer and the numbers will prove it is more deadly than the Virus of 1918.

Looking at the timeline and before these vaccines/herd immunity comes around this virus has a good ways to go.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 96 rolls of TP which equals 489 rolls in toilet paper math.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spanish flu was killing people within 24 hours of contacting the virus, age and victim's health really played little factor, a 195,000 Americans died in just one month in Oct 1918, and that is based on population of 1/3 of America's population today, how much worst would it have been in today's population in America.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll try again, as the stats of yesterday give a 3% death rate for those that get COVID. The numbers are different depending where one lives as the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) is a pool of infection a red zone. Here in the Eastern rural we have nobody infected-quiet-just whining folks writing letters to get tax relief on their summer homes because they can't visit.
View attachment 1880509
Again...bogus numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread