CoViD-19 Thread Chat
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: CoViD-19 Thread Chat

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1

    Mar 2014
    138
    101 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    CoViD-19 Thread Chat

    How are you dealing with the CoViD-19 pandemic? Does Lockdown affect you? What are you doing in your quarantine days?
    I hope all of you are fine and stay safe always. Have a nice day!
    Idahodutch and Rebel - KGC like this.

  2. #2
    ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    14,226
    33302 times
    Relic Hunting
    The one thing that has effected us is the ability to get help-as to hire workers/contractors to do work.
    The ones that are out doing the jobs are stretched to their limits and are stressed because of the season end and having no real end to their work.
    The CERB/EI payments $500 a week has made life too easy for a huge sector of the working class-so many just rather sit at home collecting.
    Some are really milking the system well as they only had to earn $5K in the previous tax year and they now receive $24K for sitting on their ass.
    It has helped millions though, because their lives have been turned upside down-loosing multi earning jobs-high debt load-and the $2K a month isn't cutting it really.

    We can manage without getting things done this year, so no big stress. We have the freezers full, a stock pile of 48 TP this time around and a good network of food producing farms.
    So keep healthy, social distance, wear a mask when required (Yes suck it up buttercups) Respect the fact there are other folks in this small world that don't have the ability to fight off lasting effects of this virus.
    Lastly try to look at the positive-even though things are a tad negative at times.
    "If it was easy-It would have already been done-Life 101."

  3. #3
    us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    3,978
    7034 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperj View Post
    So keep healthy, social distance, wear a mask when required (Yes suck it up buttercups).
    Respect the fact there are other folks in this small world that don't have the ability to fight
    off lasting effects of this virus.
    Lastly try to look at the positive-even though things are a tad negative at times.
    Name:  sSig_iagree.gif
Views: 121
Size:  4.1 KB

    My world really hasn't changed much, to be honest...I never went anywhere
    before the epidemic, and other than Dr. appointments or going to the
    dispensary, I still don't get out much. That's probably a good thing, as
    it's doubtful if I'd survive a long battle with the virus.

    So, I hang out here in my shop (along with two furballs). I've got
    satellite TV, internet, my indoor garden Name:  Hungry_plant_zpsvhocp62a.gif
Views: 118
Size:  3.4 KB and all kinds of projects
    to mess with, providing I'm in the mood.

    Winters rolling in and it's miserably cold and wet outside, so won't
    be doing anything in the yard til late next Spring. Life is good!

    "Yes, Suck it up Buttercups.." .....Love it! Name:  rofl.gif
Views: 118
Size:  1.1 KB
    Last edited by DizzyDigger; Nov 18, 2020 at 06:33 AM.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

    "If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

    Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    17,523
    32348 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    My life hasn't changed that much except I can't get together with family and friends or go to church. And I have skipped some of my digging this year. And no visiting of my favorite antique stores or historical sites.

    We are being seriously lied to about the covid. So how come the WHO now says the people who have covid unnoticed is 10 times more than what the numbers show? And how come the Johns Hopkins data has all along shown the recovered rates for all countries except the US? I haven't seen the date in the last couple weeks but I bet it hasn't changed. And how come I only know 1 person who got it and they got over it? And how come 4500 people ONLY in a county of 300,000 have had it? It doesn't add up.

    The deep state which is entrenched that suck off the public are leaches and are promoting fear. Fear is from hell, not God. With a cumulative 1% death rate, and about a 2% death rate earlier in the year, before the therapeutics came along, you figure the death rate now is ABOUT LIKE A FLU IN A BAD FLU YEAR. Right now I believe it's about .3 to .5%. You have a better chance of having a cancer diagnosis today or heart attack.

    Now, ask me how I'm doing mentally seeing so many of my fellow citizens hurt by FEAR MONGERS, I am moving from passive aggressive to aggressive, which I don't like. FORTUNATELY, most of these viruses reach herd immunity levels or mutate to something like, "oh, you had covid, so what?" stage in about 15 months, which means the sun is going to come out tomorrow, and tomorrow is approaching very, very quickly.

    Do yourself a favor and don't try breaking in my house at 3 am. That's as aggressive as I get.

  5. #5
    us
    Sep 2019
    Idaho
    Whites MXT
    890
    3120 times
    Cache Hunting
    Work slowed down quite a bit. It was part time for over 2 years, (1/2 time avg.), but since cv, steadily been dropping off. No work for past 4 months. Donít get unemployment So the 1 check for $1,200 was handy. Only 61, no ss.

    Having time to do stuff, but not the funds or open destinations, is a bummer.
    All the division over masks is sad to see. Families suffering from divisions, over masks.

    Then the mainstream media, wow....... when does it stop?
    Wonít watch it anymore, but even just catching the headlines ...... makes me want to spit.

    So now waiting on final outcome of the election.
    Again, just seeing some of the headlines..... makes me want to spit more.
    Other headlines sound really good, but are they real?

    Now the push is to lockdown again, even though the numbers do not support it.
    Going to be pretty tough to comply this time. Fool us once.....

    But other than a few things mentioned, and a few others, ....
    there are still some things that are good.
    Those are the things I usually forget to give thanks for.

    Still alive, we can still make a difference.
    Stay safe,
    Idahodutch

  6. #6
    us
    TunaTonker

    Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    805
    1549 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    My life hasn't changed that much except I can't get together with family and friends or go to church. And I have skipped some of my digging this year. And no visiting of my favorite antique stores or historical sites.

    We are being seriously lied to about the covid. So how come the WHO now says the people who have covid unnoticed is 10 times more than what the numbers show? And how come the Johns Hopkins data has all along shown the recovered rates for all countries except the US? I haven't seen the date in the last couple weeks but I bet it hasn't changed. And how come I only know 1 person who got it and they got over it? And how come 4500 people ONLY in a county of 300,000 have had it? It doesn't add up.

    The deep state which is entrenched that suck off the public are leaches and are promoting fear. Fear is from hell, not God. With a cumulative 1% death rate, and about a 2% death rate earlier in the year, before the therapeutics came along, you figure the death rate now is ABOUT LIKE A FLU IN A BAD FLU YEAR. Right now I believe it's about .3 to .5%. You have a better chance of having a cancer diagnosis today or heart attack.

    Now, ask me how I'm doing mentally seeing so many of my fellow citizens hurt by FEAR MONGERS, I am moving from passive aggressive to aggressive, which I don't like. FORTUNATELY, most of these viruses reach herd immunity levels or mutate to something like, "oh, you had covid, so what?" stage in about 15 months, which means the sun is going to come out tomorrow, and tomorrow is approaching very, very quickly.

    Do yourself a favor and don't try breaking in my house at 3 am. That's as aggressive as I get.
    Research, facts and science don't back all your claims.

    To your questions, researching them should produce some of the answers you seek but throwing them out there without seeking your own answers is only a distraction to fit a narrative.

    And as it being no worse then the flu, again, the facts do not fit that assertion. We are again approaching 2000 deaths PER DAY and climbing in the USA alone. For the record, there was 34,000 flu deaths in 2019 in the US. It's not even in the same BallPark as Covid, not to mention, for many who survive covid, it has lasting health effects, unlike the Flu! https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...cid=uxbndlbing

    Many hospital ER's and ICU's are overflowing here in Minnesota and Wisconsin: https://volumeone.org/articles/2020/...id-19-patients

    At just one hospital in El Paso, they have 218 BODIES in cold storage trailers as their morgue is full. But yeah, let's just keep telling ourselves it's just like the flu.


    BTW, who exactly is the "deep state"? Is this a unicorn? If you see one, capture it so we can study it! Rhetorical question, the "deep state" is an all encompassing, shadow group, and the default go to for the advancement of any narrative that doesn't fit the facts...

    Perhaps volunteering at a local hospital would be useful? I think you'll quickly see it isn't some deep state conspiracy.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	covid deaths.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	1880398
    Last edited by GoDeep; Nov 19, 2020 at 11:18 AM.
    Resident De-Bunker. I'm blunt because I don't have time to indulge your fantasies. Treasure is found down here on Earth, not on Google Earth.

  7. #7
    us
    Sep 2019
    Idaho
    Whites MXT
    890
    3120 times
    Cache Hunting
    Iím not going to go all technical, but from what I understand about what makes a difference in the SPREAD of cv, is not masks, or lockdowns, or the percentage numbers between countries would reflect it, as not all countries reacted the same.

    I did see something else, that if true, would explain some things.
    Some very well put together articles talking about environmental changes that occurred, just prior to each of the pandemics, over the past 100 years or so.

    The articles I saw, were on the web, but what isnít anymore.
    They even had a map of USA showing cv hot spots, and another map of 5G deployments ..... the information in the articles, supports the obvious between the maps.

    Interesting/disturbing at same time.
    But, you all decide or not, if so inclined.

    No links, but this isnít a goose chase.... not hard to find.
    Idahodutch
    T.C. and Rebel - KGC like this.

  8. #8
    us
    Jul 2020
    Vermont
    An old radio shack, simplex
    214
    257 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Idahodutch View Post
    I’m not going to go all technical, but from what I understand about what makes a difference in the SPREAD of cv, is not masks, or lockdowns, or the percentage numbers between countries would reflect it, as not all countries reacted the same.

    I did see something else, that if true, would explain some things.
    Some very well put together articles talking about environmental changes that occurred, just prior to each of the pandemics, over the past 100 years or so.

    The articles I saw, were on the web, but what isn’t anymore.
    They even had a map of USA showing cv hot spots, and another map of 5G deployments ..... the information in the articles, supports the obvious between the maps.

    Interesting/disturbing at same time.
    But, you all decide or not, if so inclined.

    No links, but this isn’t a goose chase.... not hard to find.
    Idahodutch
    Just look this up. I saw like 7 articles debunking this and like 3 saying it was real.
    https://www.whistleout.com.au/Mobile...navirus-common

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/tech/...rnd/index.html
    Idahodutch and Rebel - KGC like this.

  9. #9
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    17,523
    32348 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    GoDeep, this was after the research. Duh. Let your fingers do the typing and look it up yourself. The election was/is probably the driving element of this current spike and seeing people in the store with no masks or even the store employees wearing the masks under their noses or bandanas. Blame them.
    3cylbill, T.C. and Idahodutch like this.

  10. #10
    us
    Sep 2019
    Idaho
    Whites MXT
    890
    3120 times
    Cache Hunting
    So, like most things nowadays .......
    IMO, not something to argue, but rather to check out.

    Iím inclined to believe it, as sinister as it would be.
    Iím not positive, but I think the money behind 5G deployments is raised/supplied by the same folks that own the mainstream medias.

    Like I said earlier, Iíve been wanting to spit an awful lot lately.
    Idahodutch
    T.C. and Rebel - KGC like this.

  11. #11
    us
    TunaTonker

    Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    805
    1549 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    GoDeep, this was after the research. Duh. Let your fingers do the typing and look it up yourself. The election was/is probably the driving element of this current spike and seeing people in the store with no masks or even the store employees wearing the masks under their noses or bandanas. Blame them.
    If you got some actual statistics and facts i'd be interested to see them, otherwise, all we are left with is red herring open ended questions and unsupported claims.
    Rebel - KGC and SeabeeRon like this.
    Resident De-Bunker. I'm blunt because I don't have time to indulge your fantasies. Treasure is found down here on Earth, not on Google Earth.

  12. #12
    us
    Sep 2019
    Idaho
    Whites MXT
    890
    3120 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermont treasure hunter View Post
    Just look this up. I saw like 7 articles debunking this and like 3 saying it was real.
    https://www.whistleout.com.au/Mobile...navirus-common

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/tech/...rnd/index.html
    Hi VTH,
    Did you notice, the article wanting to debunk 5G connection, is by CNN.
    Who owns CNN?
    So basically, one hand is deploying 5G, and the other hand is writing articles to pay no attention to naysayers.

    It is like this way too often, and mainstream monopoly, of course won’t say s thing about it.
    ....... sorry, just had to spit for a second.

    Ok, better now.
    Idahodutch
    T.C. and Rebel - KGC like this.

  13. #13
    us
    Jul 2020
    Vermont
    An old radio shack, simplex
    214
    257 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Idahodutch View Post
    Hi VTH,
    Did you notice, the article wanting to debunk 5G connection, is by CNN.
    Who owns CNN?
    So basically, one hand is deploying 5G, and the other hand is writing articles to pay no attention to naysayers.

    It is like this way too often, and mainstream monopoly, of course won’t say s thing about it.
    ....... sorry, just had to spit for a second.

    Ok, better now.
    Idahodutch
    How about the other link that I left? Or how about this one?https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...loyment-of-5g/
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

  14. #14
    us
    Sep 2019
    Idaho
    Whites MXT
    890
    3120 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermont treasure hunter View Post
    How about the other link that I left? Or how about this one?https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...loyment-of-5g/
    So I just went and read that new one, did you read the whole thing. (The other one looked like it was provided by Facebook?)
    I did read the new one, not that it said much, but one thing they tried to use as a fact, but is actually false.
    Unless my understanding that after Wuhan, Italy was next, for cv., is incorrect.

    SAme as 5G..... (twighlight zone music)
    Last edited by Idahodutch; Nov 18, 2020 at 05:56 PM.
    T.C. and Rebel - KGC like this.

  15. #15
    us
    Jul 2020
    Vermont
    An old radio shack, simplex
    214
    257 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Idahodutch View Post
    So I just went and read that one, did you read the whole thing.
    I did , not that it said much, but one thing they tried to use as a fact, but is actually false.
    Unless my understanding that after Wuhan, Italy was next, for cv., is incorrect.

    SAme as 5G..... (twighlight zone music)
    The article is an older one. Sorry for not mentioning that in the post that I posted the
    Ink in. That would explain the change in numbers and placement for there numbers. Sorry for that.
    Idahodutch and Rebel - KGC like this.

 

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28682
    Last Post: Today, 08:02 PM
  2. Dent's Random Chat thread.
    By Arthur-Dent in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 264
    Last Post: Jan 14, 2020, 10:39 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct 30, 2019, 11:15 AM
  4. Replies: 43200
    Last Post: Sep 05, 2019, 10:30 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0