Why must I hit my browser "BACK" button 2 or 3 times to go back to the previous page?

Batch

Apr 18, 2004
Kusel County
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why must I hit my browser "BACK" button 2 or 3 times to go back to the previous page?

This has been frustrating me since the move to the new software (vBulletin). However I can browse other metal detecting sites using vBulletin software without this issue. Maybe one of the many javascript applets running on T-net? Additionally, when at work, pages from t-net do not display properly but other vBulletin metal detecting sites do. What is the work firewall or browser preventing from working on the T-net site that it isn't on the others? Javescript again?

Any help with these annoyances would be greatly appreciated. Happy hunting (and browsing) to all!

Batch

Last edited:

generic username

Jul 7, 2008
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
ctx3030, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
i use vBulletin interface on another site & have no issues there... but this site if i scroll all the way to the bottom of the page it will freeze for about 10 seconds. just throwing it out there.

might help to know im using Chrome on Windows 7 :dontknow:

IE dont hang up at all on the bottom of the page though.

Hoppus

Aug 20, 2012
Reno, NV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm using chrome on windows 7 as well and am having no issues....maybe try reinstalling your browser?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no issues myself, I will forward this to the admins...

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
I have the same issue at home, but not at work. I found that if I check the browser history on my home computer (i.e. the down pointing arrow next to the back/forward browser buttons in IE) each time I click on something in Tnet I get some kind of google ad that I must also back through to get to the original page. It requires me to hit the back space two or three times unless I actually select the page I want to go back to.

OP
OP
B

Batch

Apr 18, 2004
Kusel County
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, glad I'm not the only one with the "back" problem...not to be confused with my age related back problem <smile>.

Treasure_Hunter, I can take a screenshot of what the page looks like at work if that will help troubleshoot...just let me know.

I'll keep watching this thread for updates...g'night all...Batch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread