a Big mistake..

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I dont frequent this place as much as I once did,,, for many reasons... BUT when i do come back and post on a thread I get NO notifications even when i set it to notify me...That seems a bit dumb on the owners part, you would think they wanted folks to peak at the threads they post on when someone else posts a comment. or even just hits like (I do like the like button that was great addition).... Dont tell me to change my setting I have, But The site will only notify once on a thread you comment on... seems odd to me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you set it to notify you?

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Instantly using email........
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

But I get no notifications.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange, Im getting mine. After reading your post I set up 2 threads including this one for instant notification of reply to see if I could see the issue. I got email at 7:57am this morning that said "reply to thread "Big Mistake" ..........Your reply was at 7:56.........

Try turning it off and back on...... Also are you sure it didnt go to your spam folder?

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
talking about,,, it appears if you dont visit daily or something the admins decide its not enough and dont notify you of new posts in the thread... I guess they have some type of time limit. or something..... I think its counter productive and probably costing them visits... and that cost them advertisements,,, I dont care,, Im just trying to add some constructive advice,,,, Its a big mistake, that's all.

This message appears WHEN I do get notifications... and I am not notified of every post, in every thread i post in, as i have my settings set for. ive talked to others that have noticed this as well.

"There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again."

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
talking about,,, it appears if you dont visit daily or something the admins decide its not enough and dont notify you of new posts in the thread... I guess they have some type of time limit. or something..... I think its counter productive and probably costing them visits... and that cost them advertisements,,, I dont care,, Im just trying to add some constructive advice,,,, Its a big mistake, that's all.

This message appears WHEN I do get notifications... and I am not notified of every post, in every thread i post in, as i have my settings set for. ive talked to others that have noticed this as well.

"There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again."

Maybe that is why I get them because I'm here every day, I get constant pings on my cell phone telling me there is a new post.... I will check with admins on it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a post on the admin forum about it, they should see it tomorrow, I will let you know what I find out...............

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Thank you, i just checked another thread im following,, and im not being notified.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Admins are working on this..... you do set each thread for reply correct?

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
yes I do,,, but I shouldn't have to, once i set it in my profile settings..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread