Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as an FYI for the mods and members... Iā€™ve been experiencing issues with my PMs for a while. Sent messages donā€™t populate in the sent folder, so I canā€™t see what Iā€™ve sent. Sometimes my replies or quick replies seem to be sent but donā€™t get to the recipient so Iā€™ll start a new PM to communicate. Not sure if others are experiencing this or not, but I thought Iā€™d bring it up. If youā€™re sending replies and the recipient isnā€™t answering, it could be the system.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_teacher.gif
Sorry for your problems Kantuck. Let's start off by verifying some key settings...
1. Select SETTINGS (top right)
2. Select MY ACCOUNT - GENERAL SETTINGS (left side)
3. Scroll down (center) and verify SENT PRIVATE MESSAGES
4. Make sure Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default IS selected.​

1.jpg

Let me know what you find. Again, sorry for the problems you are experiencing.​

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must click on "Save a Copy" before you send. Follow instruction per VP's post above.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Sometimes my replies or quick replies seem to be sent but donā€™t get to the recipient so Iā€™ll start a new PM to communicate...
tn_teacher.gif
Just noticed the other part of your question Kantuckkeean. Are you saying when you are reading a PM and hit "REPLY" are you selecting GO ADVANCED so you can select "... Request a read receipt for this message - Allows you to see when the message is read by its recipients...." and get notifications when member reads your message? If you don't - you won't get a read notification message.

1.jpg ā€‹​

OP
OP
Kantuckkeean

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you vpnavy and River Rat. The keep a copy was unchecked. I guess I hit it accidentally on the touchscreen.

I donā€™t request read receipts. I think itā€™s rather intrusive. The recipient may want to read my message and ignore me without my knowledge and I donā€™t want to take that away from anyone. I learned of the other issue after trying several reply to messages and not hearing back, which seemed unusual. So I sent new PMs and the recipients responded quickly and we began communicating through outside emails.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as an FYI for the mods and members... Iā€™ve been experiencing issues with my PMs for a while. Sent messages donā€™t populate in the sent folder, so I canā€™t see what Iā€™ve sent. Sometimes my replies or quick replies seem to be sent but donā€™t get to the recipient so Iā€™ll start a new PM to communicate. Not sure if others are experiencing this or not, but I thought Iā€™d bring it up. If youā€™re sending replies and the recipient isnā€™t answering, it could be the system.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Check your box and be sure you haven't max it out. Your only allowed so many PMs you may have reached your limit.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you vpnavy and River Rat. The keep a copy was unchecked. I guess I hit it accidentally on the touchscreen.

I donā€™t request read receipts. I think itā€™s rather intrusive. The recipient may want to read my message and ignore me without my knowledge and I donā€™t want to take that away from anyone. I learned of the other issue after trying several reply to messages and not hearing back, which seemed unusual. So I sent new PMs and the recipients responded quickly and we began communicating through outside emails.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
t_o.gif
Happy to hear all is working fine now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kantuckkeean

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi vpnavy,

Iā€™m not sure that all is resolved. I havenā€™t maxed out, and donā€™t use PMs often. I havenā€™t tried the reply lately. Iā€™ll keep you posted.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread