OP
Red-Coat

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Attachment Manager? Are you saying when you go into GO ADVANCED and scroll down - is this what you are seeing?

I'll try to clarify once again. When making a new post, in the row of icons at the top, the third from last icon ('INSERT IMAGE') allows you upload a picture to the forum and then as a second stage to place it wherever you want in the body text of the post using your cursor. The picture appears as full-size or is scaled by the forum software to fit the page if it's huge. If you don't insert the picture, it just appears as a small but expandable thumbnail at the end of the post. If you have multiple pictures and don't insert them, they appear as a group of thumbnails at the end of the post.

As of two days ago, the 'INSERT IMAGE' button no longer works properly (for me). All of my pictures now appear as thumbnails at the end of the post. Because it didn't work (and only because it didn't work) I tried to see if I could correct it using the advanced options provided by the Attachment Manager. I couldn't. It made no difference when I selected the option to insert the image online. It remained as a thumbnail at the bottom of the post.

The Attachment Manager stores a record of all pictures that you have ever uploaded (and auto-deletes them if you haven't used them within an hour). In my case, there are 11 pages of pictures I have previously used, as shown below. I only see this if I go looking for it... and the only reason I looked for it was because the standard "Insert Image" button didn't work. That is, I was looking for an alternative way to correct it. The Attachment Manager provides that alternative route for retrospective changes but it didn't work. I'm still left with thumbnails at the end of the post only.

Attachments

• Attachment Manager.jpg
    Attachment Manager.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 58

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: you keep repeating what i already said :laughing7: just not with the same words .

again i know exactly what your saying as i have used this for years

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...('INSERT IMAGE') allows you upload a picture to the forum and then as a second stage to place it wherever you want in the body text of the post using your cursor...
tn_metal_detector.gif
Do me a favor R-C - when I insert a picture - I enter text AND then I leave my cursor where I want it and go through the INSERT IMAGE process. I never upload the image and then decide where to put it. Give that a try...

I will now INSERT IMAGE right here
150495p3.jpg and I can see it!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think when you click the box you should see this

[attach-1]

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
Do me a favor R-C - when I insert a picture - I enter text AND then I leave my cursor where I want it and go through the INSERT IMAGE process. I never upload the image and then decide where to put it. Give that a try...

I will now INSERT IMAGE right here
View attachment 1821848 and I can see it!

i cannot do that either the insert image box seems to be disabled for me

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i cannot do that either the insert image box seems to be disabled for me
tn_metal_detector.gif
Hmmm - ok, I am now trying this on FireFox - so, I will now insert and image right here vp5p2_01_11nov2005.jpg and it shows. I can do this in both Chrome and FireFox - so, must be some option in my setup - let me see if I can find it.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
My editor settings are the following: Image1.jpg

SETTINGS - GENERAL SETTINGS - Scroll down to Miscellaneous Settings

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
If you have Enhanced - try Standard...

I Don't know where You find that, But since I Didn't Change my settings & I Am not the Only one Experiencing Issues,
I'm pretty Confident Administration Will Need to Do some work at their End.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reported to Admins

OP
OP
Red-Coat

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the heck of it - try Enhanced.

I re-set to "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" and logged out then logged in again before trying.

That was even worse! When I hit "Reply" I didn't even get a dialogue box to post the reply. I gave up after 5 minutes of waiting... still didn't have a dialogue box. Have now re-set to "Standard".

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
test DSC_0023.jpg test test. I just tried it using the "insert image" icon and it appears to work for me. after I typed the first "test" I left my cursor and and went to the "insert image" icon and clicked on it. I then downloaded the image and finished typing. I am using Firefox.

Last edited:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I am trying it by writing the full text and then entering the picture using my cursor here. DSC_00055.jpg Let's see what happens. It uploaded at the end of my text but I put my cursor on it and dragged it to where I wanted to put it. Can you do that? And, I am sorry I misread your original post. I have never inserted pictures in the middle of text before. I have learned something new and I am an old dog!

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
If the images are too large in size they will not post. When attempting to insert the image in the post the process will simply return with no insert and no message indicating the failure.

Also the maximum number of images per post is 40.

OP
OP
Red-Coat

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the images are too large in size they will not post. When attempting to insert the image in the post the process will simply return with no insert and no message indicating the failure.

Also the maximum number of images per post is 40.

But it doesn't work for me with a single image of 470x350 pixels and a file size of less than 50KB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread