what does everyone carry in their survival/first aid kits?

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A fully charged cel phone. Just kidding, I don't have one. I live in Summit Co., Colo. The weather is fine. 70's in the day, 30's in the night. At any time in my truck I have material start a fire with. Bedding. Extra clothes, like my cover-alls, a sweat shirt, and a heavy coat. And most importantly to me, a pair of tennis shoes, because I had to walk 18 miles once in a pair of boots, and that ain't happenin again. Since I have this box in the back with all my camping stuff, I'm pretty much prepared. There's food in it too.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every survival kit should start with TP and build from there. I keep it everywhere; the boat, the trunk of the car and back of suv, my hunting backpack and even have some in the bathroom.

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Just a few things, I don't plan on a comprehensive list
A lighter
a whistle
tweezers
flashlight
First aid kit
canned food and can opener
a rope

papajos

Feb 11, 2009
At any time in my van you can find...

water
rope
blanket/sleeping bag
1/2 dozen MREs
small stove
coffee/tea
flashlight
couple knives
usually a gun or two

first aid kit...

neosporin
sterile gauze pads
duct tape
motrin

plus assorted tools, depending on the job that day.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most of the above pluss I always carry a snake bite kit.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also carry a some steel wool with you. Not Brillo, but steel wool. In case you have no lighter, or matches you can start a fire with steel wool. Break off a nice sized piece and attach it to each side of a flashlight battery, a current, or spark Will form. Take the wool and swing it around once, or twice and it will burst into flames, then toss it on your kindling.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100 Lortabs, a pint of 180 proof Grain alcohol and a bandaid. Monty

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that l80 proof alcohol idea. I don't know what the band-aid would be for. And the TP post was great. I'm fixin to put some in our bathroom, and won't Maria be surprised and pleased with me! (OK, the phrase 'fixin to'. Those of us from the south use it, and it don't mean somethins broke. The proper phrase would be 'I'm gettin ready to' or 'I'm preparing to'. Or even better 'I should have already done that'. Editor's note.)

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
RGINN said:
I like that l80 proof alcohol idea. I don't know what the band-aid would be for. And the TP post was great. I'm fixin to put some in our bathroom, and won't Maria be surprised and pleased with me! (OK, the phrase 'fixin to'. Those of us from the south use it, and it don't mean somethins broke. The proper phrase would be 'I'm gettin ready to' or 'I'm preparing to'. Or even better 'I should have already done that'. Editor's note.)

During a 6 month stint in central TX, the one phrase that I could never get over was "..........fixin' to get ready to........."

Oh yeah, emergency kit ? A swiss army bosuns knife (the marlinspike / fid is often more useful than the serrated blade) and books of matches everywhere.

Diggem'

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Advance warning grab bag is a fully stocked LC1 lbe ruck . Awsht here it comes is what's on my person : fire making tools , substantial clothing and footgear , 2 or more knives/multitools , and my .45acp .

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info from all. I should re-think what I carry to be more in line with helpin out other folks though, I guess. I can get by with very little. With that in mind, just to stir up nostalgia in Diggemall, 'We's fixin to get ready to run down to Wal-Mart, y'all wanna go?" I know you heard that before. Makes sense when we say it, but it does kinda sound funny when you read it.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Its a not a man purse its a satchel Indiana Jones had one... And I have everything that would be need in case of a small accident to the world falling apart and finding my self needing to go cross country and live off the land till I get to where ever I am going. Also I would add Dry socks in a ziplock bag, just trust me.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
cedarratt said:
Its a not a man purse its a satchel Indiana Jones had one... And I have everything that would be need in case of a small accident to the world falling apart and finding my self needing to go cross country and live off the land till I get to where ever I am going. Also I would add Dry socks in a ziplock bag, just trust me.
You wear socks ? Extranious gear , just like shoes and underwear ;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I coulda' said a bullwhip, a tarp, two monkey skulls and a condom but that would have been silly! Monty

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Well, I coulda' said a bullwhip, a tarp, two monkey skulls and a condom but that would have been silly! Monty
===================================================================
Not silly, you just left out the gallon of cheap wine & the quart of Slick 50. ::)

For kit, some fishing line & hooks, safety pins, needle & thread (stitches). A space blanket for warmth or a big piece of plastic. (weather protection or solar still) Fire starter, candles, stick matches coated in wax. Mole skin
for blisters & x-tra pair of socks, if you're feet give out, you're done. Swiss army knife, whistle, signal mirror tied
inside bag. Heavy twine, few bullion cubes, jerky, few hershey bars & a tin cup. And a few patches & bandages
& meds like those from the hospital or Dr.'s., individual aspirins, neo-sporin, etc. This pack only weighs a few pounds, it's not for long term & I'll carry it when hunting up north or somewhere out in the boonies where
you might get stuck for a night or two. Does not include what I carry on me, at least 2 knives, ammo, hat ,
gloves & other 'stuff' , a long gun & I also like the .45. Been out in snow at 15 degrees overnight & did just
fine with this gear. But it's just an overnight kit, not the 'bug-out bag.'

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
I'm a CERT(Community Emergency Response Team) member so I have a lot of survival gear. I have 2 different big luggage bags(one for summer, one for winter) that are full with just about anything that I or someone else might need. I don't have the time to list it all. Some of the things are a gas wrench, a hard hat, normal first aid equipment(bandaids, gauze, etc.) flashlights,candles, space blankets, c collars, fire extinguisher, a Stanley Fubar(which I love and everyone should have ;D), a hatchet, a handheld ham radio, MREs, rope, blaze orange and green clothes, I could go on and on and on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread