Emo hammock and rain fly?

two bear

Dec 14, 2013
Smoky Mtns of east Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites metal detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey SpiritRelic, I have been using the Eno(Eagels Nest Outfitters) hammock for 3 years now. I love it. I will never sleep on the ground again. At first I realized that I was now getting the best backcountry sleep I had ever had. Now I know I will never use anything else. I highly recommend using the straps. They are easy to set up and their flat strap design has never slipped on me yet. I have found that I need to sleep in the hammock on a slight angle or Brazilian style. Put your head on one side and your feet on the other and you will be able to be a little flatter. Also, if its below 40 degrees you will need to put a layer under your sleeping bag to block out the cold. The sleeping bag will become compressed between the hammock and your back so another layer will be needed to help out on the cold nights. I first tried a sleeping mat but slid around too much, so now I will carry another bag if I'm kayak camping and if I'm backpacking I will put my winter coat or a fleece jacket under my bag and found it makes a big difference. It can get cold at 4 or 5 thousand feet elevation in the Smoky Mtns. I also realized that the dry fly I purchased with it wasn't big enough so I bought the Kelty Noahs tarp. It's 12'x12' and I have plenty of excess over both ends and can set a chair under it and cook or just sit if its raining. The hammock itself will stretch a little overnight also and at first I found myself with my butt on the ground. Just hang it high enough so this wont happen. A little practice will show you how high to hand it. Hope you sleep as good as I am with it. Let me know.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you mean ENO hammock - Eagles nest Outfitters.

I have broken one after about 5 years of decent use.

I bought another because I like it so much.

Camping - not the best. you need to dress warm, because they are cold as ****!

Grubartez

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2014
Pink Hill, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have never tried an ENO hammock. I use a Warbonnet Ridgerunner which is a bridge hammock. Super flat lay and has a built in bug net. I also have a Warbonnet Blackbird XLC which is a gathered end hammock. I use the Warbonnet Superfly tarp for both. I have down top quilts and down underquilts for each hammock that are rated for 20 deg F and also 0 deg F for really cold hanging. I stay nice and warm. There is nothing like sleeping in a comfortable hammock when camping.

Follows Camp Craig

Dec 1, 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Team Keene Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk about "Deja Vu", I was given a hand me down envelope style nylon hammock in 1980 (green and purple/black), which had a story that came with it claiming it was captured in Asia in the late 60s (B.S.)

I enjoyed it while it lasted, some how I wished that I had more opportunities to enjoy a hammock that didn't stretch overnight to wake in the morning with your ass dragging on the ground and your legs in the air.

I wish I had an extra $60-$80 bucks for the basic ENO, the rest is a bit of an art form.
The floating rainfly technique is a lesson all in itself.

It's cool to go a little primitive once in a while, just to see what your still worth.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread