Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's a few pics I took a while back when I just needed to get away for a while. Harpers creek. Back in the sticks.

IMG_0335.JPG IMG_0337.JPG IMG_0338.JPG IMG_0339.JPG IMG_0342.JPG

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks good and i agree with you about getting out in nature. when this winter is over i plan to get out camping and doing alot of fishing.
davin

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I like the simple tarp shelter, it's perfect for summer camping, although I would want a complete tent in the winter. Also I noticed the food bag in the trees, there must be a lot of bears in that area. Around my area there are not that many, although they are getting more plentiful as seasons have been shortened or eliminated altogether to increase the population. I have heard in some areas they have begun to come into towns looking for food. Good Luck and stay safe. rockhound

OP
OP
RJ55

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks fellows. I've actually camped in winter like this, down to about 23 degrees. The thing underneath the hammock is a down quilt that keep the wind and cold from coming in on you. Then you have a upper quilt that goes over top of you, and a place for your feet. Me and a few of my friends have winter camped several times and stayed toasty warm and dry. Been a few times in the Linville Gorge like this. HH and camping RJ

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i never did winter camp here in n. idaho but now through the rest of winter it will be to cold for these old bones.
davin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions