Use of Satellite Imaging

smh

Oct 15, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have any experience using Satellite Imaging or something similar to locate treasure sites? There is a verified story of a Spanish Ship carrying pearls that got landlocked in the California Desert that had a mast protruding from the sand. Many saw it, but didn't know it had value and now no one can find it as the area is too inhospitable, too large, and too remote to wander in. Something that can pick up an anomaly in the desert may be able to locate it. Any ideas?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha, "verified story"! Thats funny. Thousands of people have covered every foot of that dried "sea" by vehicle, air and foot. If you think you can do better, use Google-Earth and spend as long as you like scouring the imaging.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard smh! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
tn_link.gif
2nd - I searched Google and found The Pearl Ship

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=19&Z=11&X=5&Y=35&W=1

The above link is to Terraserver's image of the Salton Sea, California, and this concerns the story of the Pearl Ship, which was supposedly a galleon that got trapped in a rare flooding of the area from the Gulf of California about 1615. Some stories state it went aground about 30 west of Dos Palmas; that it involved a "Captain Iturbe"; it had onboard a king's ransom in pearls.

So, short of going into the Spanish Archives, here's the other option. Look at these satellite photos of the northern Salton Sea area for the ship. If it exists, it should show up somewhere along the edge of the mountains where maximum flooding took place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread