Carving Pics

NUKE345KV

Apr 1, 2009
NW OHIO
Detector(s) used
Ace 250/Vibraprobe 580
Well here they are the eagles are #2 and # 3, also do mini geese, herons, and ducks. Eagles are kinda new to me but I really enjoy them. The painted eagle took me a couple hundred hours to complete over about a years time. I usually only carve in the winter when I dont want to be outside that much. Ive been carving off and on for about 7 years and I am by no means good. My grandfather was an amazing carver, he passed away 2 years ago, I wish I had gotten into Mding sooner I think he would love it as much as I do. Thanks for looking comments good and bad are more than welcome, along with any tips.

100_1868.jpg

100_1869.jpg

100_1870.jpg

100_1871.jpg

100_1872.jpg

100_1873.jpg

100_1874.jpg

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Oh! Wow! NUKE, it was definitely worth the short wait.

You do some beautiful work! I would love to have that much patience as far as the details and the realism.

A whole year to do that eagle! My hats off to you for that. I have about 60+hrs. in the honey colored eagle stick. I would love to get into a long term project with lots of detail. Maybe someday.

What kind of wood burner do you use? I have an Optima 1 w/dual outlets. I haven't done any fine work with it yet.

Hey, that flag item next to the heron, is that your work? Show us if it is.........please ;D

Great work! Thanks for showing us! (Please post more pics when possible!)

OP
OP
N

NUKE345KV

Apr 1, 2009
NW OHIO
Detector(s) used
Ace 250/Vibraprobe 580
MEinWV said:
Oh! Wow! NUKE, it was definitely worth the short wait.

You do some beautiful work! I would love to have that much patience as far as the details and the realism.

A whole year to do that eagle! My hats off to you for that. I have about 60+hrs. in the honey colored eagle stick. I would love to get into a long term project with lots of detail. Maybe someday.

What kind of wood burner do you use? I have an Optima 1 w/dual outlets. I haven't done any fine work with it yet.

Hey, that flag item next to the heron, is that your work? Show us if it is.........please ;D

Great work! Thanks for showing us! (Please post more pics when possible!)

I use a cheaper colwood detailer i think single outlet but works good I've got about 6 differnt handles and tips for it. The flag item is a small eagle and flag, there was one on each corner of my grandfathers casket all of his sons got 1, my uncle gave me his since my dad gave his to my brother. Military funeral with gun salute inall down there with him is my first carving a somewhat recognizable duck about 4inches long. I've got to say he was and always will be my hero. Thanks for the comments and for pushing for pics, these are the first pics i've taken of any of my work and will continue to do so. I've also done a perrigrin falcon thats in Alaska with my uncle turned out better than the eagle no pics though,sorry. i'll keep the pics coming i've got a rubbermade tote full of stuff that i have not painted yet, ive got to be in the right mood to paint. Thanks again

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. I love them! Do you wood burn the feathers in?

Brian

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Outstanding ! I always admire an artist . I carve functional wooden spoons . Art like yours I liken to me holding a banjo : I know there's music in there , I just can't get it out ...
You ,sir, have found the way to bring out the music .
Jim

OP
OP
N

NUKE345KV

Apr 1, 2009
NW OHIO
Detector(s) used
Ace 250/Vibraprobe 580
Thanks for all the great comments soon it will be getting cold again and will be finishing up some recent works and i will post some new pics. Currently working on another eagle, some mini geese, and a wolverine my favorite team mascot. GO BLUE

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My one and only Duck Decoy...

I tried carving for a bit when I was stationed in Louisiana. it turned out ok, but I need to learn how to paint it now...It is a Blue Winged Teal

What do you think?

You may notice it is sitting on one of my other hobbies...Insulators.

Attachments

• 172962795.jpg
    172962795.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 325

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
NUKE345KV & GLASSYEYED...you both do great work. I envy your talent. Brings back memories of my trips to Warther Carvings in Dover. Mooney Warther was one of the greatest ever. His museum is a must see for anybody traveling through Northeast Ohio. Been there five times and look forward to seeing it again. http://www.warther.com/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread