Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well folks, it rained all day here in NC, and tomorrow we are supposed to get snow. :-\ What a great time to get caught up with my relic displays. :wink:
You may remember some of these finds from past hunts. All of these displays & relics I made to donate to the local museum.
It's a great feeling to be able to give something back to the community where I metal detect. The museum also lets me keep my detecting business card on display for others to see while visiting. A great way for me to get more properties to detect. :thumbsup:

One of my favorite finds was the small Tiger pin which, per the museum director, may be the only example they have ever seen.
It was the mascot used in the late 1800's until the 1920's before Wake Forest became the Demon Deacons.
I dug it up on the old ball field. :thumbsup:

Some of you may remember the Scarificator mid-1800's bloodletting device too. Also a very unusual find. ;D

Enjoy,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,141
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,133
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,149
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,136
  • MVC-013S.JPG
    MVC-013S.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,143
  • MVC-014S.JPG
    MVC-014S.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,124
  • MVC-015S.JPG
    MVC-015S.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,145
  • MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,116
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,137
  • MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,152
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,116
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cwdigger said:
Thats mighty nice of you, you get 2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: in my book.

CW
www.wedigdixie.com

CW,
You just reminded me. I need to sign up on your new web site. Sorry it's taken me so long. I'll go do it right now. ;D :thumbsup:
-MM-

S

seger98

Really nice displays Doug, you did a great job cleaning the relics & coins up & a great job of putting them into display cases. I'm sure the museum appreciates it very much. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
Doug - Fantastic stuff and great displays... I think it's awesome that you donate like that. Well done. :)

Thanks Big Jim.
I remember you being one of the first members replying to my posts when I was still a newbie. I've learned a whole lot, and met some great people in those three years. :thumbsup:
Thanks buddy,
Doug

seger98 said:
Really nice displays Doug, you did a great job cleaning the relics & coins up & a great job of putting them into display cases. I'm sure the museum appreciates it very much. :thumbsup:

Thanks Chris.
On Friday, I saw the lady I made that small one for last week. She kept thanking me and said that it is so nice that I do this for people.
She said "I would have even paid you for making this shadowbox." ;D I may lose money detecting, but there is a LOT of gratification by doing nice things for others. :thumbsup:
By the way, we have August 9th, 10th, & 11th penciled in for our Wisconsin trip to Boulder Junction.
-Doug-

rtde3 said:
Doug that is sooo coool! Good job man! :thumbsup:

Thanks Rob.
You are another TN member that gives back to others, and is very much appreciated. Thanks big guy. :icon_king:
-Doug-

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool display, and an awesome job you did :thumbsup:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Now that is just great. Cool Display. That sure makes our "sport" look that much greater when people like yourself go out of their way and make us all look good. Nice job :thumbsup: jgas

Sir Digs-A-Lot

Sep 14, 2008
Orlando Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II and ACE 250
Awesome MM,

Great displays. I have hopes of contacting museums and doing something similar. You are an inspiration.

Keep up the good work!
Dan

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Doug you are a fine example to us all.
Keep up the good work.

B|lker

Apr 3, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Doug, keep it up so everyone can enjoy the buried history in their yards. :thumbsup:
Bill.

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, Doug, that is a great looking display. You are making a wonderful contribution to the Wake Forest community, hats off to you! Who knows, maybe that display will be around after all of us are gone. What a cool thought, that you could be inspiring folks with these artifacts many generations into the future......Great job!
Steve

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your generosity will afford the opportunity for many future generations to see the fruit of many hours of detecting. This may open doors for you in securing permnission to hunt other productive sites. Great Job! MM!!

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beatuiful collection, but I would never donate them to anybody. Fill out the paper stating that they are on LOAN to them. This way if you ever want them back you can get them, and it will keep them from selling them which museums will do. I donated my collection of arrow heads to a museum, and have never seen them again. That was years ago. Every time I ask about them the come up with some kind of an excuse to why they are not on display. My grandkids wants to see them now, and can't. Think about it before you give them away.

Old River

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And Louisville wants to ban us from all parks. This is the kind of publicity that we need. Nice job.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amen on the publicity....

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great looking display Doug :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
A real plus for the hobby.

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
SUPER DISPLAY'S. I KNOW THE PEOPLE WHO YOU GAVE IT TO WERE PROUD OF IT. YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON TO DO THAT. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread