Lost Wedding Ring ~ FOUND

GA Digger

Tenderfoot
Sep 7, 2008
Detector(s) used
E-Trac & SE Pro
Lost Wedding Ring ~ FOUND

Success !!!
Daniel Heramb is one happy guy and he’s not going to be in the "Dog House" by his wife...

Daniel had found one of the clubs I belong to on the web and he sent out an urgent email for help - he had lost his wedding band in the sand. It had fallen out of his pocket. Both he and his wife were very upset.

Ed Travis, president of one of the clubs I belong to: Georgia Research and Recovery and North Georgia Relic Hunters Association, sent out a mass email to everyone on the roster and I volunteered, not knowing how large of an area it was to hunt. I thought it was at his house near a sand pile.... far be it. It was at the physical outdoors facility at a local university. Personally, while looking at the large area, I thought it's not going to be found...

The ring had been lost somewhere around or at the volleyball court at Kennesaw State University. Daniel didn’t really know where he had lost it. I began a slow search outside the court area and then started walking a slow grid inside the area, covering and overlapping each pass. During the hunt I kept on finding coins and more coins.... After 1/2 of the court had been covered I began on the other side. I was about 1/2 through hunting the other side of the court when I yelled out to Daniel, who was looking around in the grassy area near the pit, “This doesn’t sound like a nickel or a penny, nor a dime.... (Gold has it's own unique tone to me) Before then, as he was walking next to me, I could tell him what the sound sounded like before I scooped the tone and was right on every coin that was recovered.

As he was walking over to me I reached down and picked up his wedding band. He was one happy fellow. All he could do was smile... He offered to buy me and my wife dinner, etc. etc..... I just said “no, that’s alright. Next time Daniel, just keep it in your pants.... “ We both had a good chuckle....

I'll let this is my “find of the month..”

Jim

jim.JPG

"Did someone lose a ring???"

jim1.JPG

Daniel holding his wedding ring.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Lost Wedding Ring ~ FOUND

Way to go, nice job and a good deed done............ :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread