Class ring found and returned!

arrowhead883

Feb 6, 2009
Central Kentucky
A co-worker friend was telling me a story a couple of weeks ago about how his son's girlfriend lost his class ring while they were playing football in the neighborhood. I offered to ride up and look for it with my MD when we both had some spare time. Well, yesterday he had taken the day off and I was going to leave work early, so I gave him a call and set-up a time we could meet at his house. I got there about 2:00 and he, his youngest son and I rode over to the field. It wasn't long after I got the machine fired up and started looking that we had a group of younguns surrounding us asking what was going on. I started pulling coins out of the ground and handing them to whoever had their hand out. It was great! Everytime I pulled an old pull tab out one of them would say OOOOOO World War ll. I just smiled and kept going.
I was working in a straight line parallel to a parking lot. Each time I reached the end of the parking lot I would turn around, move over a half row and work my way back. On my 4th pass I heard a signal in my headphones that made me stop dead in my tracks. I didn't say anything, I just knelt down and dug a shallow plug. I broke the plug open and there it was. I handed it up to my friend and he and his son both yelled out, Is that it, YES!!!!
That 40 year old rough as a cob man reached down and hugged me yelling Thank You!! Thank You!!
I pulled an 1812 LC out of the ground this past spring and let me tell you, I was excited then...seeing that ring when I broke open the plug and then handing it to him...amazing! :thumbsup: I hope everyone gets the chance to help someone like that.
As far as I'm concerned, the ACE has been paid for 10 times over!
HH and God Bless!

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
These are the good promo stories for those of us who endeaver in the art of MD

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice job right there. Thanks for sharing and giving us all a good name. :thumbsup: jgas

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
very cool....the look on their faces must have been priceless....too bad the gal wasn't there.

OP
OP
arrowhead883

arrowhead883

Feb 6, 2009
Central Kentucky
Thanks for all the kind words everybody!

dpitt8...yes, absolutely priceless. He called the young lady when we got back to the house. Everybody was happy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread