My first gold - ring found as owner watches in awe! :)

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
Laura is someone who works at my gym. I met her this winter and after a few conversations I told her about how I like to metal detect. She immediately told me a story of how she had lost a ring that had been a family heirloom of her husband's. She was raking leaves at a house she had once owned a few years ago and it slipped right off her finger.

She rented a metal detector from a local hardware store but was never able to find it and it haunted her. She was so upset with herself for losing it. I told her that if she could arrange permission in the spring I would definitely give it a try to see if I could find it for her.

Well... she got permission - house is vacant and the real estate agent gave us the ok. We arranged to meet there today. She directed me to where she thought it had been lost. A small wooded area next to the yard and then she left me alone for about an hour. But all I found was trash :-\ I have never found any gold before so I was digging EVERYTHING so I wouldn't miss it.

We then started chatting a little and some memories started coming back to her and she said maybe we should try the shed area since she was going in and out of it the day she lost the ring. So I was in that area for a while she followed me and anxiously watched me dig every target :laughing7: Then she had a thought that maybe we should try the back of the lot because that is where she would dump the leaves.

We were in that area no more than 5 minutes when I found it ;D Her mouth just dropped when I lifted it form the dirt! She was SO happy! :hello2: And it made me feel great. I didn't get a picture of the ring on its own - but here is the thrilled owner - reunited with her once lost ring!

Attachments

• 100_052323.jpg
    100_052323.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,130

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very decent of you to help her out Bramblefind! :icon_thumright:
If only it was that easy to find all the golds rings eh! :laughing7:

Dave

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work! Looks like she still has two available fingers for that ring :laughing7:

OP
OP
Bramblefind

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
Wallhangers said:
Nice work! Looks like she still has two available fingers for that ring :laughing7:

LOL! Yeah she likes her jewelry :laughing7: I didn't notice the other rings until I posted the picture. Pretty amazing she hasn't lost more of them but this was the only one.

bula said:
Great job. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

Antiquarian said:
Very decent of you to help her out Bramblefind! :icon_thumright:
If only it was that easy to find all the golds rings eh! :laughing7:

Dave

Thank you, thank you ;D I was happy to do it.

Woodland Detectors said:
Well that is just a great story. I'd say honorable banner. :hello2:

My vote is in.

Demon_Wolf said:
My vote is in too, Nice Job And Way To Go!!!

I really appreciate it ;D I've already been rewarded well by her reaction and the good feeling of doing something that helped make someone so happy.

ewcoinhunter

Mar 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-Trac and Sun-Ray Probe
Nice story congrats to you! I am sure she was very happy! :icon_thumright:

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deed and likewise on the post!!!

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bramble, somehow I missed this story when it happened and just saw it. CONGRATULATIONS on finding the ring and making the owner HAPPY! :thumbsup: Breezie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions