Boston Vaca nets PLATINUM engagement ring and a SEATED experience

snowyettie

Feb 19, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, and Ace 250
Recently I took a family trip to the Boston area. We decided to drive so I was able to bring the detector along with us. We didn't have much planned so I was able to go detect for a couple of days and was told that at least one day we were going to the beach. Ive been detecting for 6 years now and never once tried to go at the beach. I was actually quite surprised that the dfx worked well. Well, long story short, after about 5 minutes of setting up our stuff at the beach, my buddy Paul jr. and I decided to try out the spot. This was July 5th at Old Silver Beach, I may be wrong on the name, I wasn't paying attention in the back seat. The beach was super packed. We really couldn't detect that well. We would try to swing and end up hitting someone, even in the water. But after about 2 minutes, a young lady came running up to us asking if we could help them find a lost platinum engagement ring.

Help us snowyettie, your our only hope...
1.jpeg

About 30 seconds later...
2.jpeg
One Happy young lady with her ring returned. Woohoo!!!

SO, in some weird reverse Karma kind of way, we really lucked out on detecting the day before that day. Let me show you what I mean.
This video is my first attempt at using video editing. There are 3 nice finds in the video and the pics are after. Enjoy!

Here are the pics from the July 4th hunt

This ring was right on top. It weighs about 12 grams and is hammered. One of the nicest silver rings I ever found.
Cemetery.jpg

After I plucked the ring.
1.jpeg

One of the 3 lead balls, we pulled from the ground. 2 big ones and a small one. They might be newer, but I have no idea. Maybe someone can help me find out?
2.jpeg

The 1958 Benny half
Ring1.jpg

The seated dime 1857
Ring2.jpg

The 1923 Merc dime
MusketBall.jpg

These finds were all found in the same field, which was right around the corner from this cemetery
Half.jpg

The fronts of everything. If anyone could tell me if they know what period that belt buckle is from, that would be awesome as well.
Seated.jpg

Backs
Merc.jpg

And the trash (minus the big trash and pop cans, we threw those out before I took the pic)
Cemetery.jpg

Any info on the musket-ish balls or belt buckle would be greatly appreciated. There is also a nice pond and what looks to be a foundation to a large house we found on the very last day, right before we left, at that same spot as well. But it was hidden in the forest. So it will have to wait until next time.

Thanks For Looking, Happy Hunting and enjoy the rest of summer!

Attachments

• Fronts.jpg
    Fronts.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 405
  • Backs.jpg
    Backs.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 399
  • Trash.jpg
    Trash.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 409

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Great job on helping a damsel in distress ;D Nice finds as well :icon_thumright:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find and return. You did a good deed for
someone, so no reverse karma.....just good karma
for your return. Well done. Gold Nuggets :hello:

Top Member Reactions