Found and returned Keys

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Hey I just had my "good deed" moment today at lunch. Here is the story, sorry no pics.

Sometimes at lunch I'll go fish a pier close to my work. I don't take any live bait but use some Gulp jigs and just jig for flounder. Yesterday I caught a nice sea trout, but the little taylor blues kept biting my jig tails off. Went back today for some more bluefish punishment, and after sacrificing my second jig to the little B@#%@S I looked up and noticed some guy with a really old looking whites machine on the beach near a bench.

Soon after I saw him I saw two women poking around the sand in various spots. the way this was going on and the way the guy was swinging the machine told me they had lost something. So over I went to find out the fellow had lost his keys the night before. He said they had a 5 inch wrench on them. Looking at the sand that had been dragged that morning it seemed like a slim chance he would find them, especially with the lack of knowledge on how to use the machine.

I told them I had my machine in the car and could help them look, although the chances were good the beach cleaning machine either moved them or picked them up. Sure enough a short search over the area produced a pull tab, nickle, various foil. We were giving up and I told them to give me their number so if I found them at some other point I could get them back to them. As we were walking back to the car to get a pen and paper, (how may times have we heard that before :tongue3: ) I got another signal that turned out to be the keys. It looks like either he lost them going back to the car or the beach cleaner moved them around a bit. They were only just under the surface. I'm starting to believe any time I need to find something good I need to go straight to the middle of an area, and proclaim, ok time to head back to the truck and get out of here. :laughing9: :laughing9:

Anyway, turned out to be a much sweatier/sandier/hotter lunch than I had anticipated but it was great to see the smile on their faces as they drove away.

Thanks for enjoying my feel good story for the day.

HH

alderan33

Oct 15, 2010
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett Pro Pointer
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go, man. Good Karma for you!!! :notworthy:

littlebill31

Jul 2, 2011
Southern Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Yes, a good deed for sure. I was tapped on the shoulder about a week ago, on the beach, by an elderly man who had dropped his keys. He saw me MD'ing and grabbed me. I found his keys, but they were about 30 yards from where he thought he had dropped them. I don't think he would have found them without a MD. Feels good to help someone out.
Nice going

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:icon_thumright:

good deal- congrats on a good deed! :notworthy:

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Once again, another candidate for Honorable Mention. Sometimes you don't need the pics. Good job!

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done BobinSouthVA......a feel good story for sure. :thumbsup:
Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Woodland Detectors said:
REPORT POST / Nominate For Banner

Way to go Bob!

awww now that's not necessary (insert blushing smiley I could not find)

However I do have a funny twist to the story.

As I was trying to get to my truck, one eye shut with sand and sweat, to get a towel, I turned and kind of recognized the guy.

"hey weren't you here on the pier a few weeks ago dragging a hook up and down the pier looking for a lost fishing rod?"

"Hey yeah that was me, ended up losing that hook too"

hahahahahahahahaha

looks like this fellow is going to be someones "honorable mention" post fodder for the rest of his life.

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread