๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION Helping out a young lad

wtrhzrd

Jul 21, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks!

I don't post much, but here is a story of Nate and I helping out some military folks on the island.

A nice young lady posted this ad on a local website similar to craigslist:

Lost keys.JPG

We jumped on the opportunity to help out this little guy. We all know he was in a little trouble with his Mom. What we didn't know was that his Dad had recently left for a deployment and to make matters worse this key chain has all the key to their church on it. To say it lightly, Mom wanted to find those keys just as bad as her son. It wasn't going to be easy though. Mom explained it could be almost anywhere within the swimming area....this could take hours.

Nate took off on the right side of the swimming area and I stood there trying to picture where this little guy would go. I picked a line and 1 minute later in chest high water I hear a loud bang in my headset. I looked down and saw a set of keys laying on the bottom. I scooped them up and yelled "Is this what you were looking for?" They were all ecstatic and jumping up and down. I had to yell to Nate a few time to get his attention...as we know he was getting his gold face on.

We made our way back up to shore and took this pic to share with you all:

001.JPG

It was a happy day for everyone. Now that's what metal detecting is all about. Take care folks!

HH

Last edited by a moderator:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done. Congratulation!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes helping someone is all that counts.

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
God Bless you for having a good heart:hello2:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Outstanding! It's always wonderful to help and recover lost items. The rewards are those smiles and memories. Welcome to TNET and thank you for your service. I just wish that I had my detector when I was passing through Kadena all those years ago!

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread