Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of a friend lost his wedding ring on a near by lake where I live now in Minnesota. He was pulling his boat onto his boat trailer at the dock when he slipped and fell into the water he caught himself falling with his hands driving down into the dirt, when he pulled his hand up the ring was gone.

By the time I got out there to try and find it 6 weeks had passed and they had searched with there hands moving all the sand around which had me worried it might have got out of range of my Ace 250 which I had never used in shallow water or any water for that matter.

I was also under the impression the ring was gold, it turned out it was tungsten carbite, and when I got the signal it was kind of bouncing all over the place at 4 inches I almost skipped it but I thought there was something strange about the signal so I dug down into the sand on probably my 15th target and there it was shining like the day it fell in.

Although the ring may not have been as valuble as gold or platinum it was priceless to him and I was glad to recover it for him.

To anyone that has not recovered a lost item for someone before it is just as much of high as digging an old coin or historic artifact, well it was for me anyway.....

Thanks for reading

GL and happy hunting

Nate

photo(3).JPG photo(2).JPG

photo(6).JPG photo(5).JPG
photo.JPG photo(1).JPG

bikermike

Jul 14, 2012
Stillwater, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, 6.5x9 coil, 4.5 sniper coil, 5x8DD coil, Garrett AT Gold, Centec pinpointer, Garrett pro pointer, Ames digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your story inspires me. I hope I can become as skilled as you.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a great feeling to be able to return something precious
to the owner that was lost. Well done and congratulations.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG! This is what it's all about!

HH,
Anita

OP
OP
Nate in Ga

Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions