Jmann69

Apr 1, 2013
Texas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spoke with Ft. Logan today and they couldn't give me any info on the family but they were able to give me the funeral home # that performed his services. I told the director my story and he was more than happy to help. He took my info and is going to get in contact with the family. I hope they call. Yes Wayne, it was Camp Logan.

OP
OP
Jmann69

Jmann69

Apr 1, 2013
Texas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update #1.

Not sure if anyone has seen this story on the news in the last few days, so here it is (3 days after I found mine). It was crazy to see this story.

A man in California was recently in Vietnam and found a soldiers dog tag. The gentleman lives here in Texas a few miles from me. The person that found it and his biker buddies (vets themselves) rode there bikes from California all the way to Texas give him his tag at a local VFW today. So cool!

So we decided to go there to be apart of the service and see if I can get some ideas from the guys on how to locate the family of the soldier of the tags that I found.

I ended up speaking to a retired officer that used to work at the Pentagon. She tells me that she has lots of connections and took my information and said she would call me in a few days. Then she turns to the reporter for Fox and briefly tells him my story.

He talks with me and then makes a phone call to the producer at his station. I told the producer my story and he asked if it was ok with me if he pitched this story to his people. I said of course. He is going to call me on Monday to let me know if its a go. If he gets thumbs up he wants me to meet him at the park with my detector to do the story. I told him only if this story is on at a local Fox station in Denver I would do it. I dont want it to be a story on the history of this park here in Houston. I want to find his family to return his tag.

I'll keep yall posted.

OP
OP
Jmann69

Jmann69

Apr 1, 2013
Texas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally awesome! Get pics!

Blackadder

Aug 26, 2013
The Netherlands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 XB, Whites Surfmaster Amphibian II, Coinmaster Pro, Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find :thumbsup: !

I am sure if you hand this tag over, this will be as gold for them. Really cool you did all the research work.

OP
OP
Jmann69

Jmann69

Apr 1, 2013
Texas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update! I sent the dog tag by FedEx today. Over the weekend I made a little display case for it. I didn't want to be too cheesy, but I didn't want to just send it to his son in just an envelope or something.
AL_TAG CASE 201.jpg
AL_TAG CASE 202.jpg

OP
OP
Jmann69

Jmann69

Apr 1, 2013
Texas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks 65Chevy. I put my all into it in the short time I had. They will be receiving it tomorrow.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great , The value to the family will be more then gold.

OP
OP
Jmann69

Jmann69

Apr 1, 2013
Texas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Wayne. Hope to find many more treasures for many years to come. But I know there is no topping this one. All the correspondence between the two of us (Al and myself) has just been overwhelming and emotional for each of us. His first email to me started off with "Dear family friend". I knew right away the meaning of this find! I want to remind everyone here that veterans day is November 11, Make it count!

Jmann

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread