[HONORABLE MENTION] Found and returned 1990 PSU ring - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Found and returned 1990 PSU ring

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Sep 2013
    31 times
    You did well in returning the ring, best thing is to write off the encounter, feel good about having helped someone and keep searching the ground!! Some folks attitudes just have to be looked over, around or through, lo!

us
    Jun 2004
    Cottage Grove, Oregon
    AT Pro, CZ-20, Pro-Pointer
    26 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Thank you for making us all look good. It's definitely a karma thing. I'd rather have yours than his.
    River Rat likes this.

us
    Nov 2008
    long island ny
    Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
    431 times
    Maybe he is divorced from his wife and it is a bitter reminder. Either way he should have responded with a little more class. People can be weird

us
    Sep 2013
    Monroe
    White's cm pro and Discovery 1100 with garrett pinpointer
    28 times
    Metal Detecting
    Character...That's the real treasure. Well done.

us
    May 2013
    Southern New Jersey
    Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
    337 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Yo you did the right thing Some people are just like that. Then again I found a girls HS ring in 1991 on the beach in Ocean City NJ. I traced her to Texas and shipped her the ring. She has sent me a Christmas card every year since.

John,
    Sorry to hear about your experience with the hole digging A-hole and the other B-hole. Not cool.
    You deserve an HONORABLE MENTION for your efforts. You did good.
    -MM-
    Tnmountains likes this.
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

us
    RCGoodin

Sep 2013
    Goodyear, AZ
    Just bought a used White's V3i. Can't wait to get it.
    40 times
    You did the right thing. Buy yourself a $10 bottle of wine.......and root against Penn State.

Fix

Oct 2012
    Southern California
    Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil. Deeptech Vista Gold. AT Max. Equinox 800.
    613 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    About 10 years ago I dug up a 1985 class ring. I found the gal still living in town. She seemed all happy to hear I'd found it. She said she'd only had it one day before losing it and told me all about it.
    She even told me which field at the school she lost it on. That's where I found it.
    Well it took 6 months to line up a meeting with her and on that day she never showed up and didn't answer her cell when I called to see where she was. I never called her after that and I haven't heard a word from her since.
    I guess it's mine now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fix View Post
    About 10 years ago I dug up a 1985 class ring. I found the gal still living in town. She seemed all happy to hear I'd found it. She said she'd only had it one day before losing it and told me all about it.
    She even told me which field at the school she lost it on. That's where I found it.
    Well it took 6 months to line up a meeting with her and on that day she never showed up and didn't answer her cell when I called to see where she was. I never called her after that and I haven't heard a word from her since.
    I guess it's mine now.
    Very strange indeed. Was she an engineer too?
    Fix likes this.
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

us
    Jun 2008
    NJ
    Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
    408 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by RCGoodin View Post
    You did the right thing. Buy yourself a $10 bottle of wine.......and root against Penn State.
    LOL. And against Notre Dame every week.

Charter Member
    us
    Martiobarbuli

May 2012
    Wyoming
    White's
    1823 times
    Good on you for returning the ring. I figure 1 of 2 things was going on in his head; either he split with the gal and the ring brought back painful memories, or my first thought was that he expected that you would expect a significant reward and was reticent about paying you 50 or 100 bucks for the return of his property. He probably left most of his cash at home specifically so he could avoid a potential shakedown. The fact that he said he "didn't have much cash" but offered you some proves that it was a calculated and well-planned approach, and that he 100% expected you to request a reward. I know plenty of engineer types, and this is how many of them think. Heck; that's how I think too, lol. It's not necessarily the case that he was ungrateful; he probably just didn't trust you or your motivations, and if he displayed joy and excitement it would leave him open for potential exploitation.
    clovis97 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8398 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Looks like the members of T-net appreciated your efforts and they awarded you with the much esteemed "Honorable mention" badge. Conratulations sir!
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

us
    Magooru

Aug 2013
    Folsom, CA
    Fisher F2, Garrett GTI 2000 (sold), White's XLT(sold), Garrett AT Pro, Whites VX3
    66 times
    I feel you did a great deed in tracking him down and contacting him. It is sad to think that people can be so emotionally drained. If what we do was all about the money, he would have never seen that ring again. Plus, saying thank you and showing emotion and excitement is free (I remind my children of this all the time). If the guy was too poor to offer a reward and felt awkward because of it, I can understand, but at least go out of your way to say THANK YOU!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links