🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Returned iPod Touch Today Scooped Up in Beach Sand on 11/10/13

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
This iPod Touch was Scooped Up in Beach Sand at Huntington City Beach on 11/10/13. The battery was dead, so I purchased an Apple aftermarket charger, and it worked after being lost for one month in dry beach sand. I found email contact information for the owner in it and sent him a note that I found it.

The owner (Jom) from Riverside, CA, sent me an email on 11/12/13, with his phone number. I called Jom and he could not believe that I found it and that I tried to find him instead of just keeping it.
Jokingly, I told Jom on the phone, that he can have the iPod back on two conditions; pay the six bucks for the charger and let me take a picture of him holding iPod when he picks it up. Jom said "No Problem" and that he would be driving to Irvine from his home in Riverside on Saturday for an appointment and will come by my home before his appointment to pick up the iPod. Jom came by my home to pick up the iPod on 11/16/13, paid for the charger, and gave me a gift that is pictured below.

KIMG0070.JPG -- KIMG0068.JPG -- KIMG0072.JPG

Below is my original Thread from "Today's Finds" when I found the iPod

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/385747-three-reasons-md-beach-before-sunrise.html

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That's awesome SoCal! A good deed well done and that cool gift
He gave to you what is it?

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG! I'd really miss my IPod Touch if I lost it. May your deed be repaid to you many fold.

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG! I'd really miss my IPod Touch if I lost it. May your deed be repaid to you many fold.

Thanks Old Dude, and he had lots of photos and stuff on it that cannot be replaced. Those iPod Touch are over $200 and are just like an iPhone without the calling function.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I paid over 300 for mine 3 years ago. I use mine as a computer away from home. I'd really hate to replace it. Again, nice thing you did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread