Re: Indian, Merc, wheats and a class ring --New Picture added

EXCELLENT!! M :D nty

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Great job with the ring...you should see if you can get it into the local paper. It may open new search site to you and help improve the MD reputation.

The baby bird thing is hard. I was down in NC on vacation at the beginning of May and we found two baby birds on the sidewalk. We called a few of the local animal rescues but no one would take them. They stated that it is almost impossible to keep them alive but we had to try. They did give us some pointers. One died the first day and the other the next. Still glad we tried...could not live with myself if we just left them outside to die.

NJ

Bertman

Apr 13, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Minelab E-Trac

You rock halfdime... Sure makes me feel good to be a fellow detectorist... We are a great bunch of folks...

HH Robert

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

HD, that's so great! Great job finding the ring and getting it to the granddaughter..also very cool to know its history. So many old rings that are lost are later found without knowing their stories..your post is a refreshing reminder that little miracles can still happen.

Nat

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I'm kinda glad I was late on this one Half....Got the full story,and might add it is probably one of the best I've heard in a long time....My hat's off to you,you did an excellent thing and it make's feel proud to be part of this hobby and this place right here....Great stuff!!

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Great finds

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

WAY TO GROW!!! I love this Game

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

Glad you got the granddaughter's picture; it put a cap on the whole story. I'll bet she was tickled to death! Nice finds and nice story...you're a good man! :)

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

Great job halfdime!

I love that look on her face.

Ridley

Bowler Man

Jun 1, 2007
Ebensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Good for you! I think it would be even more rewarding to find something valuable and return it to the rightful owner than to keep something like that for yourself. It's nice to see that so many individuals on this site are people of integrity! There may be hope for us yet. Keep up the good work!

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Half dime
I really enjoyed this post. I replied "Nice coins and great ring". Nick slammed me pretty hard for my reply. I read other replies and Neil in New Jersey replied " Nice". Capefearsman replied " Wow thats great HD congrats". DFX- Gregg replied "Sounds like a very fun Hunt". These are excellent replies. Other replies were similar to mine. Some were shorter and some were longer I do not judge other peoples replies. I believe everyone has the right reply to each post in their own way or not reply at all. Why Nick picked on me I do not know. Nick, YOU DO NOT KNOW ME SO DO NOT JUDGE ME. Half Dime. I apologize if this has in any way hurt your post. I do try to read all your posts. I also enjoy reading peoples replies, short or long.
Dman

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

I wouldn't worry about it too much, Dman. You know the old saying, "being in the wrong place at the wrong time". Looking at your previous 497 posts, you have a history of short 2 or 3 word replies. Your short replies give one the feeling that you put no effort/creativity/thought to your response. But, hey, that's you man. I'm not gonna knock you for it.

Get out there and find something. That's what really counts...

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Dman said:
Half dime
I really enjoyed this post. I replied "Nice coins and great ring". Nick slammed me pretty hard for my reply. I read other replies and Neil in New Jersey replied " Nice". Capefearsman replied " Wow thats great HD congrats". DFX- Gregg replied "Sounds like a very fun Hunt". These are excellent replies. Other replies were similar to mine. Some were shorter and some were longer I do not judge other peoples replies. I believe everyone has the right reply to each post in their own way or not reply at all. Why Nick picked on me I do not know. Nick, YOU DO NOT KNOW ME SO DO NOT JUDGE ME. Half Dime. I apologize if this has in any way hurt your post. I do try to read all your posts. I also enjoy reading peoples replies, short or long.
Dman

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Dman said:
Half dime
Dman
No sweat! I don't post my finds to solicit worship; I post them to encourage others and to let people know what is out there if you look. A big part of my success, such as it is, is good fortune. In this case, I was asked by a woman to search a relatively small area for a ring that was known to have been lost there. I didn't research the area or anything else; I went to the house, turned on the machine and started searching. And I found it. I am currently finding several pieces of silver at a site each day. I didn't research it, or go knocking on doors; it kind of just fell in my lap. Finding good coins and other relics is hard work, but a lot of what I find is simply good fortune. I enjoy discussing the finds and the circumstances surrounding them, but I don't worry about the way people respond to my posts. I, too, often respond to really nice finds with short replies; I don't mean to diminish other finds by doing so. None of us has time to provide lengthy responses to every post on here. I am more interested in the number of views my posts have; this is more indicative of how many people are reading the story.

Nickel_Buff1935

Jun 1, 2007
NY
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-Terra 50 & WHITE'S MXT

Being new to this hobby, I found this thread very interesting and enlightening.

What a great story with a wonderful ending!

If you were looking to increase interest in the hobby and inspire with this post, well you've done that for me.

Thanks man!

HH and may that good fortune stick with you!

Nickel_B

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

Dman said:
Half dime
Dman

There are quite a few times I will have a piffy reply or a witty comment to a post made here, only to read the replies before I post and find out someone else has beaten me to the punch. Rather than repeat someone else's comments, many times I will just reply congratulations or way to go, etc. The way I see it, any comment, whether short and sweet or a 20 page tome, is a compliment to the finder for his or her good luck and hard work at producing Mding finds. Now, everybody get out there, put the coil to the soil, and find something!

Mike

R

RUDY2003

Great diggin' HD! It feels good to help...
Keep safe and keep diggin'...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread