Found and Returned ~ MONSTER GOLD RING W/ DIAMONDS!!!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
On Friday I received a phone call from a lady that got my contact info from the local White's Metal Detectors dealer. She lost her custom made wedding ring and was just so upset with the thought that it was lost and gone forever.

So, today Ron & I took a drive out to her place to see if we could locate the ring for her. She explained that she had it on while doing yard work the week before, but she wasn't sure how long it's been gone nor where she lost it.

Driving up to her place I knew we had our work cut out for us ~ I bet there's about three or four acres of lush grass around her big beautiful house!! Ron & I detected for about 2 or three hours with no luck. We were starting to think that she didn't lose it in the lawn area. We decided to hunt the very last piece of grass on her property ~ a small grassy area just inside the front gate . . . . after just a couple minutes I got a signal . . . . I looked down and there it was!! The biggest ring I've ever seen in my life!! IT WAS A MONSTER RING!!! I had no idea that it was going to be THAT big!!!! I don't know the weight or karats of the diamonds, but I bet it weighs 20 or 25 grams!!

She was so excited! So were Ron & I! It was such a rush! Then she says, "I've got something for you" and she goes into her house and comes out with $400 in cash and hands it to me! I refused it ~ but I said if she really wants me to take something then I'll accept $100 to donate to our local Metal Detecting club (cdclc.org). She was agreable to that!

So after several "THANK YOU"s and a few hugs Ron & I went on our way. We went and had lunch and went detecting a park in Eugene Oregon. At the park Ron ended up finding a 14K Gold Wedding band that weighs 8.3 grams!!! LUCKY!!!

Attachments

• Oct7ring2.jpg
    Oct7ring2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,135
  • Oct7returningring2.jpg
    Oct7returningring2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,130

TORPEDOX

Aug 23, 2007
Payette Id.
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT
you guys are the best!! what better way to get the message out that we dont go around just digging holes. ;D

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
I would love to have seen the look on
your face when you saw that honker staring
up at you. Now THAT would have been a sight. :o
Great story.

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
You know I've been on T-net here for about six or seven months and I've read all kinds of stories about returning lost items.. hell I even posted one myself about finding a cell phone and returning it to it's errant owner... yet in all this time I've never heard about or even thought about giving my contact information to a metal detector dealer. That's brilliant! <smacking self in forehead> what' a V-8 moment! Come to think of it, the very day I bought my White's detector from the local hobby shop, the dealer was telling me how they would get people in all the time to "borrow" a detector or that would purchase one and bring it back the same day or a couple of days later.. having found whatever it was they were looking for. Looking back that should have set off the wheels in motion even then.. but I guess I was just too excited about getting the detector in the first place and not thinking "out of the box" or "down the road" at the time. What a great idea.. Leaving your contact information with the dealer for those very people who need a lost item recovered. Not only would you meet new contacts, but you would win the blessing and admiration (if you found their item I suppose..) of potential links to OTHER contacts and places to hunt. BRILLIANT! And it gives me an opportunity to use some of these "business" cards that my wife made up for me .. sort of a calling card with contact information on it. Perfect!. Thanks my man for the epiphany.

H.H.

Frodov

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice job!!! Making someone's day like that is priceless - and to top it off, what a great gesture to donate the "reward" money to your club!

It's great to see another "good guy" in this hobby :)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven & Spartan shovels, Grey Ghost headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go guys!!! Looks like one happy lady.
Congrats,
MM

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Gold Star.jpg WELL DONE! Gold Star.jpg

Attachments

• Gold Star.jpg
    Gold Star.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 965

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 11.9.gif
    11.9.gif
    60.7 KB · Views: 987

jimmatt_43

Feb 2, 2007
Good for you buddy,I just returned my first ring this weekend.To see the smiles is really great.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
OMG Oddcoins that ring is a monster. Yesterday I was able to return my first ever ring. What an awesome feeling eh? I am still floating on cloud 9.

Anyways, I salute you for your honesty and love to see peps like you that are incredible people who bring honor to all Tnet peps.

Great job. Nice to see great honest peps who are willing to go the extra mile to bring a bit of happiness to someone's lives.

Postalrevnant

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread