Historic mansion burns down next to my house Reading PA. At least I helped out.

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Reading PA next to a beautiful mansion that was built almost 100 years ago. The thing burned down on monday and the people lost everything. I coordinated with the Red Cross to get them some help and went to my house and gave them all the extra clothes I had, brought them drinks and snacks and gave each family 20 dollars. I know it doesn't sound like much, but nobody else was doing anything to help. They just sat around and watched their neighbors place burn and went on their way. That was pretty much all the money I had and my best clothes, but I didn't think twice about giving it away. The reward I got from giving them the money and food was their smiles and hugs. I don't think I ever felt so good. It is something I will remember forever.
Thanks for your time.

Jason Donnelly
Here is the news story about the fire

http://wfmz.com/view/?id=308275

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's sad when somone Looses there Home & Belongings.

Was Very good of you to help out Jason !

Jeff

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing is more humbling then loosing everything you own and realizing that it could of been your life or those of the people you love. Too many people stand by now a days and just observe they don't want to get involved, they would rather watch and gossip. I am glad you pitched in to help, it doesn't matter what you have to give as long as you give. You will be blessed 10 fold because you gave with your heart.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that goes to show we all can be close to being homeless. good job :thumbsup:

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Your generousity and help must have been truly appreciated...I lost my home to a fire many years back...I know that many people helped after the fire...but it was the ones that brought us clothes for that night (freezing cold in Feb), blankets ,coffee,hugs and food that we still remember the most. I am a big believer in Pay it Forward....

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you did was very kind and came from the heart..which is a rarity these days..good karma will come your way as well and I am real proud of ya too.. Your a good soul.. :thumbsup:

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Hey neighbor! That was extremely kind of you! I missed that one. I don't usually watch WFMZ but Pottstown Comcast does carry it. I usually tune in just for the auctions. There is no better feeling than giving. It's people like you who help keep my faith that there are still good people out there. Kudos! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread