Old foundation pads

AzHal

May 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
I went to an area that my mom lived at in the 40's and where my grandpa lived at in the 70's. Nothing is there now but the old concrete foundations probably 40 or so, this was like an apartment complex. I took my metal detector out but there was so much trash it was useless. Anyways I decided that I would slowly walk around each foundation front and back and in between where the clothes lines were at.
I found all sorts of interesting things but it was mostly junk. But I did happen to find a round disk the size of a coin, it was very dark in color almost black. I picked it up and with a little bit of spit on my thumb it said dime on it. I thought cool I had figured that any dime, quarter or dollar I found was going to be silver, and any penny was going to be a wheat. I turned the dime over and cleaned off the other side expecting a rosie and was surprised to find out it was a Merc :tongue3:. This is my first Merc that I have found, I quickly looked for the date to find out that it was a 1939, boy was I tickled.
I have also found a broken cracker jack whistle, a 7 oz 7UP bottle with 7 UP embossed on the neck U 7 P (believe it to be 1936). Several marbles, a 14kt womans wedding band with 3 of the 5 stones still in it. However it is marked 1/30 14kt RGR or RCR. It is plated and alot of the gold is missing. A Marines dog tag with serial number instead of Social Security Number. I want to bring it into my office and try to get it back to the Marines family. Along with many different items.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
WoW, sounds like you have a great site to hunt. The ring may be marked 14k RGP, which stands for Rolled Gold Plate. A mark like 1/30 would normally be on a ring that is stamped GF (Gold Filled). The 1/30 mark would be a weight ratio, and would mean that the ring is 1/30th gold by weight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread