Big Diamond?

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5
I pulled into the parking lot at 7-11 in South Carolina about a year ago. It was dark out and the lights from the store casted out into the parking lot. A glimmer caught my eye and at first I thought it was just a sequin or some CZ fake stone laying on the ground. Always being curious though, I picked it up and checked it out. It looked like it had to be at least 2-3kts in size and glimmered just like a diamond. I tried to scratch the glass on my window and, unfortunately, it left a nice scratch in my window that is still there to this day. I guess I didn't think it was going to work...lol. A little excited, I put it away until the morning and headed to a jewelry store. They checked it out and said it wasn't a diamond. I was a little sad until they told me it is Moissanite and that it actually is still worth probably about $500. Moral of the story? Always keep your eyes on the ground because you never know what you will find!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
well you have just given me incentive to have a loose stone I found checked out. congrats

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Photos with a story always complete the post !!! Let's see it !!

WTG

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread