great-grandfather

tonytygr

Apr 26, 2007
birmingham al
Detector(s) used
whites 6000d coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure if this is the right place to post but it's good for a laugh. My great-grandfather used to sit on his porch with a fishing line tied to a $20 bill laying on the sidewalk. When somebody would walk by and reach for the 20 he would pull on the line pulling the bill away and laugh hysterically. Then he would tell them "just wanted to remind you that you don't get something for nothing!"

lostandfound1

Greenie
Oct 29, 2009
Durham Ct
Detector(s) used
Whites Dfx - Whites Dual Surf Pi - Sunray Dx-1- Two Minelab Sovereign GT - And a few coils
tonytygr said:
Not sure if this is the right place to post but it's good for a laugh. My great-grandfather used to sit on his porch with a fishing line tied to a $20 bill laying on the sidewalk. When somebody would walk by and reach for the 20 he would pull on the line pulling the bill away and laugh hysterically. Then he would tell them "just wanted to remind you that you don't get something for nothing!"

Sounds like something I would do. :laughing9:

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we used to do a purse or a wallet that way, leave on side of road and when somebody screeched to a halt we would jerk it into the bushes...got a few laughs but one fellow got real mad about it so we quit doing it.

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
Yeah, I've don't the wallet trick a few times back when I could run faster!

FL Junkman

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny. My Grandad krazy glued a quarter to the sidewalk in front of his house. I don't know how many walker bye's tried to pick that quarter up. :laughing9:

OP
OP
tonytygr

tonytygr

Apr 26, 2007
birmingham al
Detector(s) used
whites 6000d coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I won't tell y'all about the time Grandad put a bobcat in a suitcase and left it on the side of the road.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
super glue a 50 cent piece down in public spot --- hours of cheap entertainment

alexfm123

Nov 17, 2009
Far West Texas
I've done that as well. I would superglue a quarter to the sidewalk and watch the neighbors try to pick it up. It was pretty funny until someone's kids came at it with a shovel and left a nice hole in the concrete. :) I guess they really wanted that quarter. ;D I also did that at my high school. I super glued a penny by the front door, and a couple dimes and quarters in the bathroom.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at the county fair last year and saw a folded $20 on the ground. I nonchalantly walked by and picked it up. I walked about 100 feet and looked at it. It was a folded advertisement. $20 on the outside and ad on the inside. I walked a little further and quietly set it on a bench for the next unsuspecting sucker to find. ;D (it was a very good print job)

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ya'll have way too much time on yer hands!

dogbeak

Aug 12, 2005
west central WI
Reminds me of a story.
Before my days, my grandfather went ice fishing around x-mas.
He brought home a nice mess of fish.
He cleaned them, and put the guts and heads in a box and wrapped it fancy paper with a bow.
He put it out in the curb and waited.
Soon a car came buy and stopped.
The man got out, looked around a bit, then tossed it in his car and sped off.
Bet he got a big suprise when he got home!
Might have to try that someday(but have catch fish first)

Minnie

Dec 30, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
cyberdan said:
I was at the county fair last year and saw a folded $20 on the ground. I nonchalantly walked by and picked it up. I walked about 100 feet and looked at it. It was a folded advertisement. $20 on the outside and ad on the inside. I walked a little further and quietly set it on a bench for the next unsuspecting sucker to find. ;D (it was a very good print job)

I had a bunch of those years ago. They were lots of fun. Its unreal how many people walk over them before someone sees it. Wish I had more now.

OhioFinds

Oct 15, 2012
lorain, Ohio
Detector(s) used
My eye's, hand's, and occasional shovel!! Basically, just my sixth sense!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of a story.
Before my days, my grandfather went ice fishing around x-mas.
He brought home a nice mess of fish.
He cleaned them, and put the guts and heads in a box and wrapped it fancy paper with a bow.
He put it out in the curb and waited.
Soon a car came buy and stopped.
The man got out, looked around a bit, then tossed it in his car and sped off.
Bet he got a big suprise when he got home!
Might have to try that someday(but have catch fish first)

It's going to be a fun fishy Christmas in my neighborhood!! haha!!! :laughing9:

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i found 1 of those as well a few months ago at a supermarket at about 930 at night there were me and another person there. i found it right by the doors and thinking it was his i just picked it up and walked out not wanting him to know about it when i found out it was an advertisement i dropped it at the next store i went to in the checkout line.f

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we used to do the purse thing with big black snake .Saw a whole carload of 'em bail out and were running around screaming . Laughed so hard it hurt!

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father in law had a good one years ago before portable phones of any kind, and no caller id. He would see his neighbors working in their garden (about 100 feet from their house) he would call them, as soon as one of them would get in the back door, he would hang up, soon as they got back to the garden, he would call again, same thing. he would do this about 3 times before he would quit.
He would only do this 3 or 4 times a year so they never caught on about it, don`t think I have ever heard him laughing so hard.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been the victim of the glued quarter! It's still funny, even when I'm the Joke-ee.

OhioFinds

Oct 15, 2012
lorain, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when i found out it was an advertisement i dropped it at the next store i went to in the checkout line.f

Seriously!!?? No "effin" way!!!! That there is something that you may want to keep to yourself!!! Sound's to me like you're a self proclaimed thief @ all cost's! You thought it was real, and you thought it was well here....Quote: "i found 1 of those as well a few months ago at a supermarket at about 930 at night there were me and another person there. i found it right by the doors and thinking it was his i just picked it up and walked out not wanting him to know about it"!!!! Now that there is really "effin'" sad!! Now I understand what your name mean's, "CRACKHEAD", "SHADY", "THIEF"!!! LMFAO REALLY???? :BangHead:

Last edited:

OhioFinds

Oct 15, 2012
lorain, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been the victim of the glued quarter! It's still funny, even when I'm the Joke-ee.

HAHAHA!!! Now that bring's back memories!! At one of my former employers, we used to glue quarter's, dime's, whatever we had in our pocket's,,, all over the shop! The owner fell for it every single time, but prop's to him, he never gave up!! He would get a hammer and chissel and "get that $"!!! :coins:

OhioFinds

Oct 15, 2012
lorain, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we used to do the purse thing with big black snake .Saw a whole carload of 'em bail out and were running around screaming . Laughed so hard it hurt!

Sound's like something that I need to try, was the snake a real snake, or just a rubber/plastic imitation??? :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread