george prior pocket watch

bigfuzzybelly

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2010
i found this watch almost 2 years ago helping a friend with a cleanout on a house that went up for auction becouse of foreclosure...the people who ran the auction said the house was empty for almost 7 years befor the town sold it fot its owed back taxes..there were a few nice stained glass windows and some nice furnicher if you hade the room...i pulled this watch out of a rolltop desk myself and the friend who bought the house fliped a quarter and i got the watch..there are no marks on it anywhere saying its silver or not so i'm just going to guess its not..

Attachments

• pryor case.jpg
    pryor case.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 2,761
OP
OP
B

bigfuzzybelly

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2010
i dont know why its not letting me post the other photos of the watch but as soon as i can i'll post them

Attachments

• pryor fronts.jpg
    pryor fronts.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 1,628
  • pryor back.jpg
    pryor back.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,440

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if they had stained glass windows, my guess is that watch is silver :icon_thumleft: Too bad it wasn't a Richard Prior watch, they are funny and keep good time ;D

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
That is funny, cuz I heard the Richard Prior models, while funny, run fast since they are always hopped up on the white powder. LOL T.

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! :o That is an AWESOME FIND!!! At a glance it is a triple cased verge fusee. Probably English but may be French. One case has real tortoise shell and The metal should be silver. It would have been custom made so may never have been hallmarked. It also is probably more than 200 years old or right at it! To still have the triple case is rare in itself! This is a very special watch! WAY TO GO!

I Just checked my book and George Prior was listed as a London watch maker from 1800 to 1830. The design of this watch looks older to me. It would help to have a view of the movement back, as well as from the side.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread