Great vending machine for finding change

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
They changed our vending machine at work to one of these pictured below and I've been finding lots of change now. Why? These machines do not dispense your change until you remove your drink and a few seconds after you remove it to boot. People unfamiliar with these will check for change after the drink is dispensed, find nothing and then take their drink and leave. The change will then drop a couple of seconds after they walk off ;D

I knew this because they had them at the local hospital and I often found change there when my daughter was in for chemo and other complications.

pepsi-cola_glass.gif

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go on checking machines! I am always finding money in pop,coinstar,telephones,crane,and any kind of vending machines. Hope you find more!!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Those machines are the same ones as in Gros Morne Park in Canada. Kept re-cycling coins through the machine and got a few colorized coins (colorized by the mint). They were all breast cancer coins, here is a stock photo of them:

Attachments

• quarter_pink.jpg
    quarter_pink.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 849

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new automated parking ticket machine at the beach are treasure troves. I get plenty of sun going for a walk through the parking lot periodicaly and picking up the .25 dropped on the ground, or in the change bin. Good for a couple bucks a day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread