Whos out there?!?

JRW33

Apr 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new here just became a member today. But I've been in search of treasure my whole life. LOL I live here in the Boise area. Anyone heard or know anything about the Forrest Fenn treasure thats said to possibly be up here in the East part of the state?

ryan1980

Feb 6, 2013
Oh sweet! I don't know anything about it. I search it out online when I get off work tonight.

id hunter

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2011
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II µMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Elmore County area chiming in.
Born here, and still in the same town after 35 years.

Haven't detected much since the early '90s though, but I have stumbled across some pretty interesting (thinking hunt worthy) areas in that time. Couple of old bottle dumps, a few old signs of homesteads in the middle of nowhere... caves, etc. the best one is the remains of a small town next to the main railroad line. Think steam train era days. Nothing left to notice them on the surface but some old rock foundations, and hand dug water wells.

These kind of things you won't see from the roads, you have to be standing almost on top of them to notice.

Cheers from Idaho!

IdahoDuff

May 12, 2013
New member today and I live in Idaho Falls. I have heard several different stories about buried "loot" gold in SE Idaho and plan on taking my kids out to see what we can find. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Good hunting everyone!

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey fellow Idahoans,

I'm pretty new to this site and new to metal dtecting also. Would love to meet up with someone who knows of some good sites to go too and can show me a few things.
I live in Lewiston and will probably start looking for some old farm houses as I figure out this hobby.

John

Kaybe11

Jul 13, 2011
Welcome to the sight amigo,

Our neck of the woods is pretty quiet I seem to be the only one treasure hunting in Clearwater county lol.

Around here my friend, you have a wealth of awesome places to hit as long as u are willing to walk where few others are. Around L town, you have some amazing history but pickings from what I have found are few and far between. Head E and and you start finding all kinds of stuff,from old chinese to early pioneers.

I would highly recommend looking at the u of I geology Dpt website. Wealth of knowledge. You need anything, let me know.

Good luck and happy hunting,
Ken in Orofino

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey cool. I'll check that out. You said head east? Where exactly? If you want to go detecting sometime let me know :-)

Kaybe11

Jul 13, 2011
Well being ret Army, I don't know about a meet up seeing your a Marine lol( had to lol)

Yea, I would be up to link up sometime show and tell you what I know. What kind of machine do you have and are you only metal detecting at this point or do you prospect as well?

As far as east, here are a few points of interest:

Lost gold nearly 100k worth near Riggins
Early Spanish and arguably Chinese mines near Greer grade
Battle of the clearwater, Nez Perce vs US Cav, many known sights and I have my eye on two, not known or recorded sights, of small battles
Discovery of Gold leading to the second or third largest gold rush in the us, arguably right there with AK and CN

Gems, some of the oldest exposed bedrock in the world,( Idaho Baolith) crystal, beryl, Man o man lots to be found here

Take care,
Ken

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha yeah don't worry about the whole Marine thing. I'm using a Teknetics delta 4000 and i just got a pro pointer and lesche digger. I have only gone a few times, but want to find some places to go with history. The sites you mentioned, i have heard about them. Would love to go detect where the Indians and white men fought. Just always figured we couldn't go there, but if you know of some places we can go where they fought, I'm all in. And i only do detecting right now

scortch

Sep 2, 2011
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
MInelab E-TRac Whites V3i
Ok who dug up the Oregon trail and didn't fill in their holes. Man the Feds are pissed.

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to post the same thing. I mean, who does that!

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm curious to know what they found, even though they shouldn't have been there

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys. You gotta link to what you are talking about? I'd like to know where this is going down.

Kaybe11

Jul 13, 2011
I too am curious where, my historic places are the not so well known smaller battles on private land. FM, we will have to stay in comms and once it cools down and the grass is not so tall, we will have to link up and hit a few places. I am itching to find a cannon ball and I know there must be a few out here :)

FmrMarine

Aug 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that sounds great, I too would love to find a cannon ball or anything really. I will send you a pm. In the meantime I'll be detecting Lewiston. I think i read somewhere that lcsc campus is one of the first building sites in the valley.?

idowa

Jan 21, 2012
Palouse, WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just moved back to my hometown of Moscow, ID a couple of weeks ago... Sold my Tesoro to pay for the move... I enjoyed panning and sluicing more, anyway. Headed out today to explore some areas East of Potlatch on Strychnine Creek where I've heard there is gold. I camped out there for years but never looked for gold; should be fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread