Black Friday Hunt?

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Two years I went shopping on Black Friday and never again will I stand in line to save a couple bux. These stores are getting wiser these days and doing online BF sales anyway. But I just need more electronics and toys and cookware like I need a hole in the head, so I'm avoiding stores at all costs on Friday, online or otherwise.

Instead, I figured it would be a good all-day hunting sort of day. Not the best day for driving anywhere, but if you go early enough it should be fine. I'm trying to drag my Dad out to Goio Park for once, and just wondering if any of you will be awake from your Thursday comas or if you have already started your Winter hibernation?

Drop me a line if you are interested in going. One weekend I stayed around the lake, last weekend we went dumpster diving in the trashy area. Now I think it's time to hit the north fields and go deep deep deep.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, lets do it. I have a bud in from CA and he is a MD'er too. I have a new site if you wanna try it out, but its up here by me. Let me know. If you want I will sed you a 1938 pix.

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Saturday looks decent too. I'm really working hard to try to drag my Dad to Goio Park on Friday though. Might be possible to try your new site Saturday, it does look to have some great potential.

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the rest of the week off.........Ready to get out and find some Silver?

I am ready to meet up at GOIO'S park and find his Silver LOL.
P.M. me and let me know the specifics. Root Man......I am free the rest of the week.

Goio

Sep 15, 2003
All over!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-Trac, Excalibur II
RootMaster said:
Two years I went shopping on Black Friday and never again will I stand in line to save a couple bux. These stores are getting wiser these days and doing online BF sales anyway. But I just need more electronics and toys and cookware like I need a hole in the head, so I'm avoiding stores at all costs on Friday, online or otherwise.

Instead, I figured it would be a good all-day hunting sort of day. Not the best day for driving anywhere, but if you go early enough it should be fine. I'm trying to drag my Dad out to Goio Park for once, and just wondering if any of you will be awake from your Thursday comas or if you have already started your Winter hibernation?

Drop me a line if you are interested in going. One weekend I stayed around the lake, last weekend we went dumpster diving in the trashy area. Now I think it's time to hit the north fields and go deep deep deep.

Good luck guys!

I am stuck in Springboro Ohio till Sunday but hope to get out for a short hunt out here at least.

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
McEtrak, glad you could make it out! I'll PM you the details.

Goio, too bad bud. So you are "stuck" at the in-law's on this Turkey Day weekend? I'm sure you'll find some SLQ's or something down at the local tot-lot. Good luck! I promise to report all finds from your park... Friday just might be the day for some seated!

Olderactor

Oct 28, 2008
Old Irving Park Chicago, IL
Detector(s) used
XLT, Excalibur ll, E-trac, Explorer 2 xpdeus, minelab 3030
Goio suggested that I contact you both. I have a new etrac and am just learning to use it. Could I join you both on Sat if you go out? I live on the northwest in Old Irving Park

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Olderactor said:
Goio suggested that I contact you both. I have a new etrac and am just learning to use it. Could I join you both on Sat if you go out? I live on the northwest in Old Irving Park
Hey Olderactor! Sure thing, more the merrier. I'll send you a PM with the details if you don't know by now.

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With GOIO's Luck

RootMaster said:
McEtrak, glad you could make it out! I'll PM you the details.

Goio, too bad bud. So you are "stuck" at the in-law's on this Turkey Day weekend? I'm sure you'll find some SLQ's or something down at the local tot-lot. Good luck! I promise to report all finds from your park... Friday just might be the day for some seated!
He has such luck finding the Shiny stuff .....He could Throw a dart in the park, dig a foot under where it landed,and there would be a THREE cent SILVER in XF shape the :icon_pirat: PIRATE :icon_pirat:
L.O.L. Your the best GOIO..........wish you great family fun and a chance to get out and Hunt out there H.H. GOIO :icon_king:
You too T-Man NOW in TEXAS.......Have fun with the Family.........Work up here will be waiting ;D

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving day. Mine was very nice. The next door neighbor to my inlaws has a huge feast every year and they invited us over. There were over 30 people there. I was scoping out places to hunt while I was there. lol. The guy that put on the feed told me of an old cemetary near there. I told him I didnt hunt those spots, but you never know about outside the fence. lol. I hope yall find lots of stuff today. GOIO, have you got out and made the woman mad yet??? LOL. See yall next weekend for sure. TMAN...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions