Santa came early

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered an Excal II and E-Trac from Ron at windycitydetectors last week and picked them up yesterday. Spent about an hour just BS'ing with Ron. What a guy! And more importantly, WHAT a DEAL! Thanks to everyone for the words of advice given to me, and I look forward to meeting and hunting with you guys once the 2009 season comes upon us. Now I just have to figure out which pin pointer to buy. :thumbsup:

Goio

Sep 15, 2003
All over!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-Trac, Excalibur II
Congrats on your new toys!!! Get the Sunray X1 pinpointer for your Etrac, Ron should be able to get you a good price for it also.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
I also use the Sun-Ray inline. Compared to the Vibraprobe and the Bullseye, it's the best accessory you'll ever buy. A pinpointer shouldn't even be called an accessory, it's essential! Check out the new Garrett Propointer, it looks decent, or the Pistol Probe, if you want battery-powered.

I'm glad you got a good deal from Ron. He's hooked us all up! And he will talk MD'ing with you too, good times. Ask him about his big jar of wheat cents.

Joe

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Your a lucky guy!
You'll be the envy of a lot of people on this board. I know I just said "damn" out loud. :icon_jokercolor:
Have fun with them.
Mike

OP
OP
Lookn4Seated

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
twistidd said:
I also use the Sun-Ray inline. Compared to the Vibraprobe and the Bullseye, it's the best accessory you'll ever buy. A pinpointer shouldn't even be called an accessory, it's essential! Check out the new Garrett Propointer, it looks decent, or the Pistol Probe, if you want battery-powered.

I'm glad you got a good deal from Ron. He's hooked us all up! And he will talk MD'ing with you too, good times. Ask him about his big jar of wheat cents.

Joe
I saw the big 'ole jar behind him while we were bs'ing

OP
OP
Lookn4Seated

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikewaz said:
Your a lucky guy!
You'll be the envy of a lot of people on this board. I know I just said "damn" out loud. :icon_jokercolor:
Have fun with them.
Mike

I was only allowed to spoil myself like this, because my house got burglarized and my insurance check came in. I figured UPGRADE!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great news!!!! Ron is a great guy and I think he has hooked everybody here up at one time or another!!!! Congrats on your new toys!!! Oh yea, get the SunRay pinpointer, I wanna get on bad. :thumbsup:

Olderactor

Oct 28, 2008
Old Irving Park Chicago, IL
Detector(s) used
XLT, Excalibur ll, E-trac, Explorer 2 xpdeus, minelab 3030
I have both detectors that you have. I bought them from Ron. I suggest the sunray for the Etrac. The Excel you will use in the water so don't bother with pinpointer

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goio said:
Congrats on your new toys!!! Get the Sunray X1 pinpointer for your Etrac, Ron should be able to get you a good price for it also.

Sunray X-1 it's the only way to go. I hope to see you next spring around Lake Mich.

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
I have the Sunray X-1 probe, and it's great. Today I'm getting the PistolPROBE as well, and I think having a probe like that will help for different things like I've stated in another thread here, but also if you want to use another detector you'll always have a deep seeking probe to go with it. I hardly ever use my ACE 250 anymore because I don't have a good probe like the X-1 on it... but if I had this PistolPROBE I would probably use my ACE in the tot lots more often. I'll let you know my first impressions later today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions