Cook County Forest Preserve District plans to buy a far-east side golf course

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
One of my buddies and I did a lot of ball hogging in the pond there when we were 10 and 11 years old. We'd get a buck or two for a bucket. The place holds a lot of affairs at the clubhouse and it's terrain is fairly original. A road went through there over a hundred years ago, a nearby neighborhood once held picnics there long before it was a golf course and of course it also had some nice old homesites on it.

That said there is a lot that does go into the conversion and maintenance of an old property into a golf course so oldies maybe high up or low down, don't matter 'cause I'm gonna be gitting it as soon as I can. It is after all otherwise clean ground with some possibly good drops like any such site may be.

OP
OP
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Lowbatts,

hope you get a chance to hit it and
pull up some interesting stuff. ;D :wink:

have a good un....
SHERMANVILLE

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
All depends on the county plans for it. If they keep it as a golf course, then it's a moot point. Just downstream from there is the old Hill's sawmill site but that's been developed over already.

montyhall

Nov 27, 2006
Gold Courese are GOOOOOD...I happen to be a Golf Course Supt. and have hunted our little course for about 4 years, its only 64 acres and was built in 1932. No barbers, but loads of mercs, rosies, and a lone indian.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
montyhall said:
Gold Courese are GOOOOOD...I happen to be a Golf Course Supt. and have hunted our little course for about 4 years, its only 64 acres and was built in 1932. No barbers, but loads of mercs, rosies, and a lone indian.

Tell us where! Let's have a party!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions