Please have a SEAT....I did!

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out with D-Dub yesterday during the on and off drizzle to an old 1800's homestead near the North Branch.

The hunting was frustrating, even though I got my probe back, and got my broken Ground Shark replaced with the Sampson T-Handle (which is awesome)...Thanks to the wonderful co-owner Ingrid at W.W. Manufacturing Co. It was frustrating, because my jack to my headphones got "Jacked up" and I had to hunt without my headphones, which made the tones sound completely different through the regular speaker from the machine. Whenever I got a signal, I had to put my ear next to the speaker to hear what it sounds like....Yeah, I looked real goofy doing that. Dan wanted to film it and say this is L4S's new technique...... :laughing7:

The area we covered was fairly clean of trash, but the road noise made it difficult for me to hear signals...so we are definately going back there once I sodder on a new Jack. :icon_pirat:

After digging up about 25 wheaties, 2 Mercs and 2 IH's things seemed to slow down. Towards the end of the hunt, when it was about time to leave so I have enough time to get cleaned up and go to work, I thought I heard a little peep next to a fallen down log. I kicked the log away, stuck my ear to the speaker, and heard a faint repeatable signal. I moved my ear away from the speaker to take a look at the numbers...12-41. I'm figuring, Great! another freackin' wheatie. Well I dig my plug, scan the plug and nothing....The plug was about 6 inches deep. I run my Garret pin pointer in the hole, and I get a faint beep, beep, beep, meaning the target is at least two inches away. I gently dug around in the hole, and as I was pulling out my Lesche out of the plug, I saw something shiny sticking to a clump of dirt on the Lesche. I thought maybe Barber dime, since a lot of the wheaties were early dates, and I've dug a few B dimes that rang up 12-41 before. I take a closer look at it, and I see the Seated lady. I let out a yelp, but I don't think D-Dub heard it due to the road noise.

No, I didn't scratch it, it is pretty beat up though. Looks like someone had it in a vice and tried bending it. It has either plier or vice grip marks on it and it is slightly bent, but I don't care. I found it and it is mine! :laughing7: :laughing7: It is my oldest silver coin dating 1876.

IH's are an 1890 & 1894 with full Liberty. Pics don't do them justice.
Merc's are 1941 & 1943-d

Watercolor....I did check out the 'spot' with Dan, but I don't think we found the 'spot' we were looking for as nothing came up. May be worth checking out again, maybe not. Still a little bit more research required before we hit that spot again.

Enjoy and HH!

Attachments

• coins 002.jpg
    coins 002.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 217
  • coins 003.jpg
    coins 003.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 221
  • coins 004.jpg
    coins 004.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 220
  • coins 005.jpg
    coins 005.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 225
  • coins 006.jpg
    coins 006.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 213

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt buddy!!!! :icon_pirat:

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
WTG Jon, on those great finds! You deserve a Seated going out in this weather!!! :thumbsup:

So is that 3 or 4 now?

Maybe time for a name change?

like...

Looking to get Busted

;D

OP
OP
Lookn4Seated

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
litefire56 said:
WTG Jon, on those great finds! You deserve a Seated going out in this weather!!! :thumbsup:

So is that 3 or 4 now?

Maybe time for a name change?

like...

Looking to get Busted

;D
[/quote

Thanks. That makes it three for the year. I'll change my handle after I find a complete set of Seated coins. If that will ever happen. :dontknow: :dontknow:

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
WOW!!! :o Another seated? Amazing!!!

Congrats on the great find, Jon!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

You are the king of seateds lately. Keep this up and you'll need a throne! ;D

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
L4S got ga-ame
L4S got ga-ame

Nice digs Jon!

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'LL TAKE A SEAT! CONGRATS ON SOME NICE SILVER , I FORGOT WHAT SILVER LOOKS LIKE!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jon, nice score on that Seated!. . . and the IH's ain't too shabby neither :thumbsup:

Lookn4seated said:
Watercolor....I did check out the 'spot' with Dan, but I don't think we found the 'spot' we were looking for as nothing came up. May be worth checking out again, maybe not. Still a little bit more research required before we hit that spot again.

I'd hit that spot again. . . provided that's the right spot. . . but then again,
I can't be sure if we're talking about the same spot that my friend's uncle
was talking about. Oh geeze. . . was that the spot were we talking about
a few days ago? :tongue3:

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Awesome coins Jon! That seated was minted when the USA was only 100 years old. Really cool. I wouldn't even sweat the condition that much, you know? Just as long as you got an oldie from a spot you spent time researching.

Nice mercs and IH's too, i know that the IH's never look as good on screen than in person.

Joe

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Seated.................I am STILL LOOKING 4 ---M Y--- FIRST SEATED.............WTG L4S

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big high five.......3 seated that is awesome.... especially for this area.....

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
I think you should say to heck with getting the phones fixed, and continue using your technique. I should have broken out the camera and filmed it. Classic.

Congrats again on the seated!

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Wow! You dug all that bending over to listen to the speaker??!! Congrats on a lot of hard work! Great coins, and that '76 seated is definitely a keeper! WTG on your oldest silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread