Well I WOULD have had my Kodak Zi8 today, but...

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
stolen_zi8.jpg

As soon as I saw this I called Amazon immediately. Actually they call you after you type your number in... and someone picks up right away. Good start, but the ladie's headset was amplifying the background noise at an obnoxious level. So I'm trying to tell her my camera was stolen, and I don't even know if SHE HEARS ME because at first I thought she was calling from a customer service rock concert. Before I can even tell her what's up I'm yelling at her about the background noise. Not a good way to start off a call when I NEED THE SYMPATHY. I'm at their mercy... I mean I think I have enough evidence, but who knows. So after telling her what the package looked like, and that the box was empty and not even the right color box, she just says, "ok, I'm sending you a replacement overnight." In my head I was pressing one of those big red Staples buttons that say, "That was easy."

Amazon just keeps amazing me.

Sucks that it happened... but the delivery wasn't even supposed to be until the 18th so they are going to still be early with the replacement.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Sorry about the camera, but what a testiment to Amazon!

You never know what goes on in the back of those trucks & in the warehouses sometimes. I know someone who ordered replacement drive belts for a dictating machine and when the box came, it was from the right company, but had been cut open and resealed. Inside were several multi packs of Hydrocodone filled syringes. :tard: Wierd. They were taken to the local PD & turned in.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man that sucks, I hope the replacement gets out to you undisturbed!!!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
SUX big time dude! The only shipper-to-home I trust at all anymore is Fed Ex.

USPS, too many hacks that belong on a curb somewhere with a bottle in a brown bag.

UPS, our delivery person does a ding-dong-ditch EVERYTIME. Literally walks up, tosses the package in the bushes FIRST, rings the doorbell and leaves immediately. We've seen this happen not just at our neighbors but at our house. She's back in the truck before we get the front door open.

Better luck on the next ship!

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Yeah, UPS does the same thing at our house. I think it's their unwritten policy. They even do it when they REQUIRE a signature!!

I think it's coming UPS this time overnight instead of USPS. That would really be crazy if they used the same shipper and kept getting ripped off.

I seriously doubt Amazon sent me a pink one, so I'm wondering if it was USPS how they knew to open my package and where did they get the pink box? Makes me wonder, but I guess I don't really care... I have enough to worry about :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread