Just Got a new backup detector

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought this as a backup detector. I don't know how well it will perform but I couldn't get past the coolness factor. This is the perfect spur of the moment detector for after work or when you spot a place while driving around. The coil and pinpointer detach from the headphones so it's easy to carry around with you. It operates at 2.5khz so it should hit the silver ok. Another good ebay deal. Its a Detectorpro headhunter Landpro.
HH
John

Attachments

• dphhlp.jpg
    dphhlp.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 211

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Cool...where are the controls (the "guts") of that beast?

It's always good to have a back-up...

Joe

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
twistidd said:
Cool...where are the controls (the "guts") of that beast?

It's always good to have a back-up...

Joe
Hi Joe, The guts are all in the headphones. You flip the switch on the side to go between the pinpointer and coil. It's got very basic controls ie: Volume, sensitivity and discrimination. I like the challenge of just a tone machine.
HH
John

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
LC showed me one of those one day. He seemed to know a bit about it and showed me the difference between tones on silver and clad coinage of the same size. Granted it was open air but it seemed there was some clear distinction.

Have fun with it!

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Sweet new rig. I've been researching a no frills water detector and have been looking at the DetectorPro Headhunter Wader. From what I've read about these is that some people have had problems with the wires going into the headphones. As a backup detector where its not used daily, this might be a non issue. From a price point its about the same price as some of the regular style detectors with a control box, so no cost savings their unless maybe buying used, so I am leaning towards the Tesoro Tiger Shark if they ever get their connector situation figured out.

Don't plan on purchasing for another couple of months so definitely let us know what you think of it.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
D-Dub said:
Sweet new rig. I've been researching a no frills water detector and have been looking at the DetectorPro Headhunter Wader. From what I've read about these is that some people have had problems with the wires going into the headphones. As a backup detector where its not used daily, this might be a non issue. From a price point its about the same price as some of the regular style detectors with a control box, so no cost savings their unless maybe buying used, so I am leaning towards the Tesoro Tiger Shark if they ever get their connector situation figured out.

Don't plan on purchasing for another couple of months so definitely let us know what you think of it.

Dan,

I have heard a lot of good things about the Tiger Shark. I haven't used one, but when I was considering a water machine, I liked that the Tesoro had generally favorable reviews. Of course, it didn't really matter after I received something else in place of it...but still, I'd be interested in trying out a TS one of these days, just to play around.

Joe

p.s. How's that English accent of yours holding up? lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread