I, am not good at metal detecting

B

BigDan

I attacked the Mackinaw at noon. Struck first at the 1920's - 30's bridge over dirt. I figured people throw coins off bridges. Well, they also throw beer cans which I dug up more than a twelve pack. No coins. But I enjoyed myself and continued to be optimistic. I decided to walk the well worn vehicle trails in the woods, there is an old 4H site down there, long lost. I thought I might get lucky. I did find a nickle and dime in the road, but both were from the 1980's. That's ok, I got out, enjoyed the weather. And if it takes finding something of note to make me happy doing this...I think I'm going to be dissappointed more often than not.

And that's the thing, I did enjoy myself. And I know that while I learn, and put the time end to earn the luck that will come someday, while I struggle and fight the battle of the newbie, while I may be "not" good at metal detecting YET...

...I am still good at finding rocks! Unless I'm totally offbase, that's petrified wood, isn't it? I think, it's beautiful! I'll post more pictures of it in Rocks & Gems.

Attachments

• P1010665.jpg
    P1010665.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 182

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
research is the key to finding goodies and if that fails just ask for permission to hunt places that look good

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I'll get down there for the family picnic in July. If you wait until then, you pull some beer cans that are full and cold.

Otherwise, get out there and hit the hotspots, you'll find them soon enough.

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
We've all had days like that, and that's what makes finding an oldie that much sweeter. Getting out and enjoying the day's the main thing.
Have fun!
Mike

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't wory about it, you'll find lots of treasure!!! :icon_pirat: