Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything (42)

Murky

Mar 31, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Howdy Illinois fellas.
I have been reading the forums quite some time now. Don't post seeing as my ace and I don't find much worth posting, unless you guys REALLY like clad :tongue3:

I have only been detecting for about a year and a half and loving it. I get out whenever time/weather permit. Totlots and the local parks have started loosing their appeal so I have been scouting for old places to swing my coil around. I was somewhat surprised to find this in a small wooded area a few towns away from where I am from.

the not so great wall.jpg

Not sure what it used to be, I figured there's no harm in looking around for awhile. I found alot of shotgun shells and this old Dog Tax tag, may not be much but its one of my favorite finds ;D

Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything (42).jpg

It is just fun to look at it and the shells while wondering if it belonged to a young hunters prized hunting dog ninety years ago. The Hitchhikers Guide reference makes it cool too. :tard: Looks like I may enjoy relic hunting.

thanks for looking.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find, congrats!!! :icon_pirat:

TreasureGuy25

Dec 1, 2009
North Suburbs, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Ace 250, ProPointer
That looks like an awesome place to dig around, and I got the Ace as well, keep swinging it DOES find oldies!

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool tag Murky!
Don't forget when detecting to always take your peril sensitive sunglasses and a towel. And never have more than one Pan-Galactic GargleBlaster before dirt-fishing................

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
That is a great find :thumbsup:
It also looks like you've got a place to hunt a little more that may yield more oldies. You'd be surprised how some sites may keep producing. Anyway, that's the sort of place to go to get the goodies... Parks can on occasion give up an oldie, but there is nothing like finding an old spot that has not been hunted or been hunted but not hunted to death.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Awesome dog tag! Hopefully it'll be an even more awesome site for you!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt!!
That DT is VERY cool!

Once you start finding the older coins & relics in the out-of-the-way-places,
you'll never be content with tot-lots & clad again. The woods will become an obsession
so start stocking up on the "Deep Woods Off". Your Ace will do well so just take your
time and dig anything you're unsure of. . . you'll be rewarded :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread