2 hunts, a Barber, a Rosie, a canceled? Token, Gold, plus a purchase (5/6 & 5/8)

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
2 hunts, a Barber, a Rosie, a canceled? Token, Gold, plus a purchase (5/6 & 5/8)

Hi all,
Today (5/8) I managed to pull Silver #34 and #35. #34 was a 1905 -S Barber Dime, which sounded really poor and danced all around, but glad I dug it. #35, sounded like it was gonna be a quarter, but instead my hopes were dashed, though in a silvery good way, with a 1951 Rosie ( and I was hopping for a Seated or BBQ). The Rosie breaks my oldie silver streak, leaving it at 8, but I'm not complaining on that one.
5:8 finds.jpg
5:8:10 finds A.jpg
On 5/6, I pulled a really cool token, it registered around a fatty signal. Normally I don't dig those 12-22, but with the slew of Gold coins going up on the banner, that's exactly where a quarter-eagle should be. I got this token, it's thin and slightly bigger than a quarter. It's been cut with tin-snips or something. I assume that means it was canceled, perhaps for a ride or something... too bad, I'd like to have seen what it was good for. Also pulled this earring. It came out Gold from the ground, and I wonder if it is indeed gold or gold plate. Keep in mind, the place it came from produces real oldies, it is not stamped in any way. The pin on the back is copper, but the rest is gold color. The discoloration is clay that I have not completely cleaned off. Any opinions?
5:6 finds.jpg
Then today, 5/8, in honor of a coin that is eluding me, I purchased this AU Shield nickel. The photo does not do justice, the shield has all horizontal lines strong, the reflection off the coin flip obscures that an makes it look worn.
ShieldA.jpg ShieldB.jpg
Happy times to all.

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Re: 2 hunts, a Barber, a Rosie, a canceled? Token, Gold, plus a purchase (5/6 & 5/8)

Way to dig that "iffy" signal and get that Barber! Congratulations!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Re: 2 hunts, a Barber, a Rosie, a canceled? Token, Gold, plus a purchase (5/6 & 5/8)

Nice finds as always Jon.
Hey did you, could you, drop that almost new shield nickel in front of me sometime while hunting?

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice silver Jon. Your going to be surprised some day digging a 12-22 signal.
HH in the real oldies spot, dig more often!!

M

MR Senior L4S

Congrats !!! on nice findings.

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CONGRATS ON SOME NICE SILVER!

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congratulations P2C..You are Really doing well...

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Re: 2 hunts, a Barber, a Rosie, a canceled? Token, Gold, plus a purchase (5/6 &

Congrats on another successful hunt, Jon. :thumbsup: So when are you going to invite us out your way?

OP
OP
p2c

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Re: 2 hunts, a Barber, a Rosie, a canceled? Token, Gold, plus a purchase (5/6 &

D-Dub said:
Congrats on another successful hunt, Jon. :thumbsup: So when are you going to invite us out your way?

I'll take you to Palos any day, where I got most my 2010 finds, but I wont take you to my Barber thicket... Besides what you don't see is the hours and hours of zero signals (not even trash) I have to endure at my special oldie spot just to find a goody. Wouldn't be worth your drive from McHenry Co. cuz you'd probably come back empty handed from my special spot.

Al Czervik

Apr 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics® Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

p2c,

I got a hand it to you my good man ...

Al has a "thing" for tokens & that "canceled" makes it all the more delectable ... :icon_thumright:

The Barber & Roosie are of the decadent nature I also lust for ... ;D

A fine job indeed ~ Al

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star

Great looking finds from a cool old spot!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I love it when a Barber comes up!

Nice shield nickel! Speaking of buying coins you can't find, I'm about ready to pick up a seated dime at the coin shop. :-\

OP
OP
p2c

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used

Kimsdad said:
Great looking finds from a cool old spot!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I love it when a Barber comes up!

Nice shield nickel! Speaking of buying coins you can't find, I'm about ready to pick up a seated dime at the coin shop. :-\

Neil,
I did that last December with all my clad money, a slabbed AU-55 1891. Then I started finding them :dontknow: Perhaps if you buy one it will bring you luck in the fields...

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So that's what a pristine Shield looks like :o

(I like the silver too)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread